Do or did your kids/grand kids believe in Father christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Our granddaughter (4) does. It's pure joy seeing the excitement she gets from the build up. - Although as a grandparent we are not living with it 24/7.
When we went to the Dunham Massey light show earlier this month, in one part there was behind a rope barrier, someone dressed up as Santa. She was enthralled and unless he was a very good actor, he seemed to appreciate the engagement she had with him.

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
My Daughter is 9 and she's still clinging on, probably last Christmas where she half believes in Santa and the Elves.

Nice to see to be honest, she's really excited, 2 sleeps to go!.

The remains of Saint Nicholas/father christmas were, as you probably know, nicked by the Italians in what I seem to remember was a particularly gruesome operation. He's now in Bari. Must admit I have pointed this out to a few Italians with a particular relish since they are somewhat fond of claiming big dastardly foreigners nicked so much of their stuff. Stealing santa takes the biscuit I think.

Yes, there's definitely a whole culture of one-upmanship when it comes to religious relics. :wacko:

When you say take the biscuit, surely you mean min spy. :whistle:

With our kids, Father Christmas brings their presents from mam and dad but they also know that we get presents for others and they also get presents from family, it makes the Christmas exchange so much easier as we don’t need to hide most presents.

Top Bottom