"Do that again and I'll split you in half"....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
What you did sounds ok in my book. I know the bit of road.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I literally had 5 folk in the wrong lanes over two junctions today - rather than getting irate, I just waved them in... doesn't take much does it - just a bit of observation...I'm not stressed, they aren't and are pleased to be let in... - ooh delayed me by about 30 seconds in all....

MarkF

Guru
What sort of second rate road rager goes out of his way, wasting time, to chase you around Sainsbury's car park and then, not actually do anything?:evil: Very poor. He was sending a clear meassage to you, you should have bopped him.

Funtboy

..said the red-faced Gerodie after chasing me round Sainsburys car park in his Focus. I was driving, not on the bike.

What I'd done is indicate, cross into his lane and then into the slip road to the right to get into Sainsburys car park. He was going straight on, and aiming for the queue of cars at the red light ahead of me.

His problem with that is that he hadn't given me permission to enter his lane in front of him. He did the old speed up thing when he saw my intentions, but there was room and it was a safe manoeuvre. If he hadn't accelerated he wouldn't have had to brake at all, and as it was he only needed to slow a bit.

He decided to wheel-spin into the slip road to Sainsburys behind me because I'd told him to cheer up.

So, the questions remain, what are the chances of me ever being in an identical situation with him again, and how is he planning to split me?

Don't mess with Gerodies!

GentleBenn

Veteran
alecstilleyedye said:
was he a very well endowed homosexual with rather a bad choice of chat-up line?
:evil::laugh::biggrin::laugh::biggrin::laugh:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I was filtering on the right today and a car driver started moving out when a bus was coming the other way. I was far out and it was a wide road, and he just kept moving over to the right.
I accidently clipped his mirror with my hand, pure accident though you see. Just as i lifted my hand up to scratch my leg i tapped it;)

I really enjoyed our club ride yesterday coming back into town on an urban dual carriageway, a black 4x4 was sitting in the ASL; folk just went around him. That really wound him up and he had a go at folk, one of the larger club riders put him in his place. At the next ASL we arrived and I'd forgotten the 4x4; it arrived half minute later he was going to have a go again but when the big bloke looked at him he quickly muffled his words. Everybody else were in hysterics even his passenger.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
All a bit brave in their cars. Similar thinkghappened to me. I went round a BMW (of course) to get in the ASL, the guy honked his horn, I ignored it, honked again, I turned to see him waving his arms about, I just shook my head. Which made him more irate.. he decied to get out the car... saw it coming, so I parked my bike then preempted him asking was the f*** his problem was... thing is I, lookING a lot angrier and being a bit bigger then him.. he soon slunk back into his car... Of course he overtook me at speed and at close range.. Blaring his horn...

HLaB said:
I really enjoyed our club ride yesterday coming back into town on an urban dual carriageway, a black 4x4 was sitting in the ASL; folk just went around him. That really wound him up and he had a go at folk, one of the larger club riders put him in his place. At the next ASL we arrived and I'd forgotten the 4x4; it arrived half minute later he was going to have a go again but when the big bloke looked at him he quickly muffled his words. Everybody else were in hysterics even his passenger.

Top Bottom