Do the Germans understand Irony

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Bit of a strange advert by Audi. Id say clever marketing as their adverts always seem quite tame or professional and have a lot of 'black' whereas this ones quite colourful

Maybe its just Audi clowning around but it could be pretty effective.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
after numerous reports I'm going to delete the "Joke" and all the references to it.
I seem the only Mod to be on line now, if @Chris S can explain himself better the post may or may not be reinstate by the rest of the mods team once we can consult.
End of Mod Note

I was born in Germany, have lots of family there.
I did not read the post as a joke but as a political opinion, hence my delaying in acting on the reports.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Mod Note:
after numerous reports I'm going to delete the "Joke" and all the references to it.
I seem the only Mod to be on line now, if @Chris S can explain himself better the post may or may not be reinstate by the rest of the mods team once we can consult.
End of Mod Note

I was born in Germany, have lots of family there.
I did not read the post as a joke but as a political opinion, hence my delaying in acting on the reports.

FYI: I thought it was rather ironic that Angela Merkel's attempts to atone for past anti-Semitism had actually increased it in contemporary Germany. It wasn't meant as a joke. I think the comment was appropriate on a thread about Germans understanding irony but if the moderators don't then I'm not going to argue about it.

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru
FYI: I thought it was rather ironic that Angela Merkel's attempts to atone for past anti-Semitism had actually increased it in contemporary Germany. It wasn't meant as a joke. I think the comment was appropriate on a thread about Germans understanding irony but if the moderators don't then I'm not going to argue about it.
Thank you for your explanation.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think the comment was appropriate on a thread about Germans understanding irony

"Off-topic / politics. ... Threads and posts on current affairs, political, religious, and social issues are to be limited to the News and Current Affairs forum."
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/forum-rules.213557/

HTH

Top Bottom