Do these shifters look level ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
2014-05-24 10.22.16.jpg
2014-05-24 10.21.32.jpg
2014-05-24 10.19.43.jpg
The blue bike is my old set up and the red bike is what i am recableing and i was wondering does the angle of the hoods look about right and are they level on the bars ?

Last edited:
They look about right to me.

When I fit shifters I stand the bike mh floor stand and literally place a spirit level across the hoods.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Try riding..... if it's comfortable, they are good to go.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Paint the fence, it looks odd against the wood shed.
Its on the list of jobs :smile:
Recabled , installed RD , chain measured less than .75 so trying it with cassette .
Just trying to get the FD to shift as the cable seems tight enough but even though i can pull the FD over enough the cable does not pull it onto the big ring .

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
The fence is not level , it rises in line with the general slop of the garden and the shed is on concrete drive that runs across the garden .
I'm just jealous as I don't have a shed!:laugh:
I too have a Carrera Vanquish and I replaced the bars recently. Fortunately the new ones had markings for the shifters but when I fitted them, I'm certain one side was higher than the other so I levelled the bike vertically then set the shifters horizontally. Was a bit tricky without an assistant but I got there in the end. Yours look pretty good to me TBH :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I'm just jealous as I don't have a shed!:laugh:
I too have a Carrera Vanquish and I replaced the bars recently. Fortunately the new ones had markings for the shifters but when I fitted them, I'm certain one side was higher than the other so I levelled the bike vertically then set the shifters horizontally. Was a bit tricky without an assistant but I got there in the end. Yours look pretty good to me TBH :thumbsup:
Just got to get the front shifter working as its not moving the chain across enough even though i can pull the mech by hand, i also think the chain is a bit short ?
When we moved last year out of the cowboy builder house i lost the garage so i had to go to a shed :

Top Bottom