Do women find cyclists attractive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keith Oates said:
To answer both of the original questions I think the answer is 'some do, some don't'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That probably sums it up really

And yes Snorri that did clarify things :biggrin:

Tbh i'm not trying to attract women with cycling, I have other things to do that with;):ohmy:, I just really wanted to find out what the consensus was, so that, when I cycle past a group of women, are they going to like what they see :biggrin: or are they going to think i'm a sad git:ohmy:

Imao, I think it would be the first option becuase i'm quite thin, my leg muscles are quite toned and I don't tend to wear day-glo green when I cycle (no offence to anyone who does, just not for me). In all the time i've cycled i've never had anyone laugh at me or say 'owt so I must be doing something right :laugh:

Those last few sentances made me sound like a arrogant big head :laugh: so i'm sorry. I'm really not like that.

And Tim, I see what you mean. Maybe its not something I should go round telling women about. The only exception ofcourse is when your a pro rider :laugh:

stevenb

My ex loved the lycra.
I used to wear it when I wasn't cycling.....:biggrin:
The results spoke for themselves.
;)
Probably because I look good in it. :bestest smug smiley: :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think some peeps on this thread might need to look at the Bigger Picture.
As far as I am concerned, shave your legs or not, just whatever you prefer. I would rather you did not shave your arms though. ;)

Looking attractive, on or off your cycle, might get you the initial interest from females, but if they meet you off the bike, as it were, and you have not got a friendly smile, and preferably eyes with some "light" in them, it won't get you very far, IMHO.

Conversely, if you have a friendly physog (face) then they/we will probably overlook any physical attributes, positive or otherwise. I know there are some very young peoples on this forum, but the majority are the other side of 30 are they not?

Some recent threads on here have been critical, however lightheartedly, about such minor details as what sort of cycling garments to wear on your legs. I suppose it depends what you are trying to do, attract females who then become friends, or just attract females because you want to look good.

BTW if you are in Worcestershire, please wear black shorts, trousers, or leggings, or any colour trousers, but preferably not brown. Note that beige, camel, taupe, are NOT brown. :biggrin:

Saddle bum

Über Member
One of the wife's friends (of the girlie persuation) asked if she could apply the suncream to my legs. Still awaiting the opportunity.............

samji

Oh there is nothing better than to see a nice fit fella riding along cheers me right up mmm toned legs.
As for hair, REAL MEN are surposed to have hairy legs leave the legs alone !!!
Guys should be manly and that means hair us girls are the ones who shave any bloke who's over preened gets me woundering which way he goes.

TVC

Mrs C loves fit men in Lycra - I've booked us a trip to Paris on the last weekend in July, and the only bit she is really excited about is watching the guys on the Champs Elysee on the Sunday.

And as for our trip to the World Track Champs, we have hundreds of pics of Chris Hoy warming down with his shirt off.;)

wafflycat

samji said:
Oh there is nothing better than to see a nice fit fella riding along cheers me right up mmm toned legs.
As for hair, REAL MEN are surposed to have hairy legs leave the legs alone !!!
Guys should be manly and that means hair us girls are the ones who shave any bloke who's over preened gets me woundering which way he goes.

Pah! You're missing out on the fun. There is much fun to be had aiding the nearest & dearest to shave his legs, doing the bits he can't... much fun, I tell you... much fun... one thing leads to another and it most certainly leaves *no doubt* as to which way... :biggrin: It's not a mean's smooth legs that determine whether or not he's a real man, but what he does with them.. and his other bits ;):biggrin::thumbsup:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I love how it took two pages before the girls got a look in on this thread.

I think whether or not we find a cyclist attractive is dependent on the cyclist. I find the husband very attractive on his bike. Personally, as a generalisation, I think cyclists are too thin and I don't like shaved legs at ALL but it's very definitely dependent on the individual cyclist.

However cyclists' bottoms are generally fine things that cheer up a dark day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
~Waffly calm down - passes cold shower.....

I've always cycled, my wife is a keen sewer (her machines cost loads) but at least my bikes take up less space.... the bike stops me getting fat !!

We both have different hobbies, but both are very accommodating about each other's interests......

Speicher

Vice Admiral
fossyant said:
~Waffly calm down - passes cold shower.....

I've always cycled, my wife is a keen sewer (her machines cost loads) but at least my bikes take up less space.... the bike stops me getting fat !!

We both have different hobbies, but both are very accommodating about each other's interests......

I think the word you might be looking for is "seamstress", ;):biggrin: not being picky or anything. * waits for Fnaar's comments *

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I avoided that word "seamstress" - know what you lot are like - she has 4 machines - two are a good mid range bike cost, two of pro bike cost...... argh !!! They do embroidery as well - so can do Disney logos and stuff for the kids..

She has made a few under layers for me - got a job lot of pro dry fabric from the US (the army use it) and I have a job lot of underlayers and skull caps (under crash hat sweat absorbancy)

Top Bottom