do you feel a fool wearing bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I enjoy wearing bib shorts, they are pretty flattering!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've got a pair and worn them once - on the subzero FNRttC to Southend. I don't like them. They look silly. If I ever do a subzero night ride again I might wear them again, but, otherwise, no.

evilclive

Blimey! I love them, first time in years I can actualy say i'm really comfortable, No more bunching up round my waist, no more red marks on my belly...and TBH they are far more figure flattering then normal shorts, several of my friends have commnetated I look so much slimmer in them & asked if i've lost weight - I havn't.
The only downside I have found so far, is the 'complete' strip off behind a hedge if you need to go pee!

How do they work with breasts? My wife looks at bibs and says no way, the straps will interfere in an irritating fashion.

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

lol :biggrin:
The first time I put bib shorts on I did walk around the room clapping my hands over my head chanting "easy, easy" :biggrin:

It didn't bother me then putting them on and it still doesn't. It is proper kit for cycling so no different from wearing a football top and shorts for a kickaround in the park

I've got Endura, DHB & Lusso bib shorts, 3/4's & longs which are all very comfy but I was given a pair of Assos (I wouldn't pay for them) and I can only wear them with a base layer under 'cos otherwise the straps chafe my nipples!

gavintc

Guru
How do they work with breasts? My wife looks at bibs and says no way, the straps will interfere in an irritating fashion.

My wife has a couple of pairs of female bibs in which the front panel comes up to boob height. She got them in Majorca and I cannot remember the name. She loves them, but admits having a pee is a struggle.

blockend

Looks like I'm the odd one out, I don't like bib shorts, I have three pairs and I wore a pair this morning, but my preference would be my Lycra shorts and I don't care what people think I will even go and do my shopping in my cycling gear and I don't like my shorts down to my knees I always have to cut them down, dam it wear what is comfortable.

I'm not a fan of bib shorts either, though I own a few pairs of bib shorts and longs. In fact elasticated clothing that moves with you is pretty irritating and not especially warm. Much prefer baggies or old style fleece shorts that allow a little air round the nadgers to shrink wrapped puppies.

Glover Fan

I wish i'd known about female bibshort posing when I was a kid as it sure as hell beats the Littlewoods catalogue lingerie section.

teletext45

i realised how awsome bib shorts are, after doing long rights with regular shorts cutting into my stomach bib shorts were a revelation. With regards go lyrica, any roadie you see ( just about) is dressed in a similar fashion so by not wearing lycra you stand out more then wearing the lycra gear.

andy

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
mr_t.jpg

Top Bottom