do you feel a fool wearing bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
No, I don't give a toss about what anyone else might think I look like. There is a reason for bib shorts and that is comfort.

Rebel Ian

I'm with Norm here.....love to be comfy but what worries me most is that everyone laughs when I ask if my bum looks big in them!:rolleyes:

So don't ask then!!!

pepecat

Worrying about what people think, or having the waist band of normal shorts dig into you? Which is worse?
Personally I take comfort over anything else - i LOVE my bib shorts and don't give a fig what anyone else thinks. mrs pepecat calls them my mankini...even though i'm not a man....

Rebel Ian

Once they are on with a jersey over the top, how does anyone know the difference between bib shorts and normal shorts anyway?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have bib shorts, bib 3/4's and bib longs for the winter. Felt a bit strange for a minute or two and then never look back. It does feel a bit awkward when you first need to go to the loo for the first time though.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I got the decathlon ones at the weekend (The 40 ones, they seem to have a really good pad) But looking in the mirror was a shock. I dont look too bad with baggie shorst over my waist shorts, but no way will I be wearing them without somethin on top.

cd365

Guru
Bib shorts - my fat wrestler gear as my son refers to them!!

The first time I put bib shorts on I did walk around the room clapping my hands over my head chanting "easy, easy" :biggrin:

It didn't bother me then putting them on and it still doesn't. It is proper kit for cycling so no different from wearing a football top and shorts for a kickaround in the park

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Once they are on with a jersey over the top, how does anyone know the difference between bib shorts and normal shorts anyway?

They can tell because you don't have that builders' bum thing that's sometimes the unfortunate result of racing position and a slightly too short jersey.

zizou

Veteran
Only time ive felt a fool was when i got a pair of white bib shorts and wore them when it was raining. Would look good in the South of France or Italy...not so good for Scotland!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Looks like I'm the odd one out, I don't like bib shorts, I have three pairs and I wore a pair this morning, but my preference would be my Lycra shorts and I don't care what people think I will even go and do my shopping in my cycling gear and I don't like my shorts down to my knees I always have to cut them down, dam it wear what is comfortable.

Top Bottom