Do you feel guilty when you zap an Ant...

Do you feel guilty when you zap and Ant :?:

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Baggy said:
:biggrin:
Having seen how ants come out and collect up the bodies of their dead ant friends, I now feel guilty if I kill them. They're fascinating creatures.

I unintentionally flymoed over an ant nest at work on Friday, and within seconds the whole area was swarming with ants taking the exposed eggs down into the nest for safety!

They are indeed fascinating creatures.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ant agonistic?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I'll tell you what really makes me ask for forgive'ness: If I stand on a Slug (ever tried to get snail goo off your hands god dammit - you have to have industrial cleaner then you end up with half your skin missing) OR a Snail.

Really feel for Snails lovely are Snails

snail_1.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Tip salt on slugs:laugh:
I was once told that tipping some parrafin down and around an ant hole and setting it on fire is good to watch. Never done that though, got told that by this old guy in the radio club:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nature's cleaners......

On holiday, we saw ants clean up all sorts of dead bugs and stuff.... unfortunately, as there were lot's of birds / nesting time, one or two newborn chicks fell out of their nests....they were quickly disposed of by the ants...my son thought 'how can they do that'..as in a shocked sense.... 'ah they are nature's cleaner uppers' I said.. !!

He seemed pretty happy with that !

gbb

Legendary Member
Personally i never kill ants...everything has it's place.

I did witness one funny incident a few years ago....

Walking home one sunny day....a dad and his maybe 5 year old son were walking in front of me.
They stopped and were looking down at the floor.....
As i caught up, dad was saying something like...'yes son, theyre ants. There's thousands of them in there, but if you leave them alone, they wont hurt you. They're nice really.....'

A nice heartwarming moment when a dad teaches his son about the things in life.....

i ambled on...

i looked round a few seconds later...dad was now following me with his back to his son......and son was gleefully stamping on all the ants :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Ah well...dad tried.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Someone here has this quote pinned up on their desk:

"It's only when you examine ants with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames..."

Which I realise has been alluded to already, but I thought was a funny way of saying it...

Personally, I don't think I'd go out of my way to stamp on them on their territiory, so to speak, but I'd not feel too bad about killing them off if they got into a house or something... Same with most creatures - the only possible exception being wasps. I'd rather they just flew out again, but if they won't, I'll get the spray on them. Then feel guilty.

We had a pair of slugs living in a student house bathroom for a while. We called them Troilus and Cressida. Cressida used to sit on the sink and eat the soap scum. We think she also ate Troilus eventually.

mr Mag00

rising member
i dont pray, as i feel that is less import-ant then the wonderful life on this planet. but the way people disregard wildlife at all levels really grinds my gears.. ecosystem are extremely complex designs and all ants have purpose in their community.
i really wish people would show more respect, treat others as you expect to get treated is something i always teach the children that come to my centre.

Top Bottom