"Do you go to the Olympics?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
This really made my day: Just left the house and heading to meet the club. Got to the top of my road and two kids on bikes dropped down onto the road (didnt cause an obstruction).
As I passed them, one kid said: "Do you go to the Olympics?". I replied: "Not quite!".

This then left me smiling for the rest of the day as I only passed them at about 15mph.

I did have my kit on though.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kids can be great can't they, I've had a "Wow, you're really fast!" when I was doing about 17mph or so and no it wasn't sarcastic! Quite recently I had "I'm going to be able to ride my bike fast soon." I was only plodding at about 10mph or so. My favourite was at a left hand turn which has a pedestrian crossing immediately before it, as I approached and signalled that I was turning the little group of youngsters at the crossing yelled "HIGH FIVE!" and made as if to give me a high five on my outstretched hand :highfive: , none of them actually made contact or intended to I hasten to add. Much better than them throwing insults or worse.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I was loading my kayak in the car the other day, a car with a Hungarian plate pulls up. "where you paddle?" was his question. I told him I was off to the Olympic course....
"Are you competitor?" asked the man.
I'm not even good enough to sell the hot dogs there.......:cry:

Top Bottom