Do you have a favourite board game?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Jaded said:
Diplomacy is the King of all board games.
I would agree with you... except that it is nearly impossible to find six other people willing and able to play it properly (who aren't also stereotypical nerds, anyway).

I had a good record at postal Diplomacy (1 win, 1 3-way draw, 1 loss) but I would much prefer to play face-to-face if only I could find opponents...

Risk and Backgammon

Tetedelacourse

ChrisKH said:
Naked Twister.

It's not a board game as such, but I enjoy it. :biggrin:

Teaching my eldest son chess at the moment. He is a monumental cheat. Gets it from his mother.

Thank God you're not teaching your son Naked Twister.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Go, Chess, Risk, Supremacy (Diplomacy with nuclear annihilation), the original version of Talisman, oh and Avalon Hill's Dune (especially with the Spice Harvest suplement), but we're starting to stay into 'table top' rather than Board Game terrain with that one (in which case I'll add Car Wars, the nearest I'll ever come to living in Mad Max's world...).

Cab

Not really a board gamer, but I'll play if others are. Used to play Blood Bowl, which I think is fantastic. Quite like scrabble.

More into RPGs; play Dungeons and Dragons every week.

Emu

Boggle - I'm unbeaten in my household.
My hubby who's good at stratgeic games like othello and a is a member of mensa (to give you an idea of his "intelligence") just doesn't see the words.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm a pale quiz queen

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Flying_Monkey said:
Go, Chess, Risk, Supremacy (Diplomacy with nuclear annihilation)...
I hadn't heard of that variant - is there any reason not to launch all your nukes in the first move?

And do we have the kernel of a Cycle Chat e-mail Diplomacy Tournament here?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Monopoly is fun. I havent played it for a long while though. My mum banned us from playing it when we were younger because we used to cheat, buy the same places, and go agaisnt the rules.
Mouse trap was fun, but bits never seemed to work, and it took too long to set it all up.
Scrabble i used to play at school. But the person running it used to moan at me for using swear words. And other people playing didnt like me just repeating axe all the time.
Kerplunk. I think that was what it was called. You put plastic sticks in a tube, and poured lots of marbles n and slowly pulled the sticks out one by one. That has got to be the best game.

ash68

can't beat good old ludo,snakes and ladders and if your feeling adventurous up the snakes and down the ladders.Agree with Joe 24 on comments on mousetrap, too long to set out ,then the bloody thing never worked properly:evil:

Top Bottom