Do you have life insurance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have life insurance to pay of mortgage, provide income for my dependant family etc. and I have life insurance on my business partner! if he dies I can then buy his wife's share of the practice where I work.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Without sounding pedantic, it's actually called Life assurance.

It's protection against an assured event - death.

I have it via my employer's pension. Worth having if you have dependents.

Mark_Robson

Moodyman said:
Without sounding pedantic, it's actually called Life assurance.

It's protection against an assured event - death.

I have it via my employer's pension. Worth having if you have dependents.
Stop being pedantic :sad:

I have life insurance on my mortgage and I also have two pensions schemes, one is active and the other is frozen so I am worth a damn site more dead than I am alive.

Hmmmm so that's why she keeps loosening off my brake cables? :thumbsup:

Plax

Guru
I don't have life insurance. I don't have any dependants so quite frankly don't see the point. When I'm dead I don't care what happens to my house, 'cos I'll be dead.
If my situation ever changes then I'll consider it, otherwise I'll make do with the benefit scheme I'm covered with at work - if I die then the person(s) on my expression of wish form wil get 3.5 times my salary (which would more than cover my existing mortgage anyway).

I have mortgage payment protection, but not sickness & unemployment cover. Again don't see the point with the latter. My MPP will cover mortgage and council tax. Then if I'm on long term sick, there is statatory sick pay and work have a policy on me for long term sickness. If I'm unemployed then there is JSA, redundancy pay and savings to tide me by (and as previously mentioned I'll already have the roof over my head and the only debt that I can go to jail for not paying covered. Anyone else can wait in line).

Top Bottom