Do you have to be tiny to ride a bmx?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

Will you look silly on a small wheeled bike with tall handlebars and tall seatpin?

I know ( cus I've been told ) I look silly on a 14" wheel Moulton Mini.

BTW, the Moulton Mini is classified as a "Playground bike".

a_n_t

punkypossum said:
Why are you selling it ant? (And how much for?)

dont ride it anymore, was spending too much time in hospital!

Want £250 ish for it, there's about 700 quids worth there!

I am not sure about having to be tiny to ride a bmx, but to follow the latest fashion and remove the brakes you do need to be short of a few brain cells. I saw one lad going down a steep hill with his trainer jammed against the seat stays and tyre with smoke pouring off the sole - wouldn't it have been easier to have a brake?

to answer the original question, i'm just over 6 foot and can ride some, but not all BMX's

the frame length (top tube length) and the length of the chain stays varies from frame to frame

a long frame will give you a bit more room to be on the bike (i fall off the back) but too long can affect the bike's ability to lift the front wheel as easily.

punkypossum said:
a_n_t, you got PM!

Please tell me you've bought it Punky ? (even if it is left hand drive) :biggrin:

You will have soooo much fun

Simon

Moose

plank said:
BMX's are cool, its not fashion they are fun to ride.

Well said:thumbsup:

Here's a couple of mine past and present. I'm a little older than your average rider so these are more mid-school

Devos.jpg

Final1.jpg

These days I prefer 26"

OMFlyer1.jpg

punkypossum said:
It's under discussion! :biggrin:

I can feel a CC BMX session coming on ;)

Trials will be the next thing you know :ohmy:

I'l take some photo's of Jake's BMX & Trials Bike over the weekend .. i dont feel so childish now all are coming out of the BMX closet :biggrin:

Cool Bikes Moose

Simon

bikie

Über Member
But how old is too old for bmx, I used to ride Craig Campbell Prolite in the 80's and would love to do it again but I think I may get some strange looks at 39.

Ben M

oxbob said:
Shanaze reid is 171cm tall, hardly tiny, and remember most riding on a BMX is out of the saddle.Trials riders(motorbikes) tend to be tall/slim but the bikes are small

5' 7" is pretty midge for a bloke...

Top Bottom