Do you leave your cadence & speed sensor on at all times?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With the lockdown in swing I bought a reconditioned Tacx Blue Matic Smart that came with the cadence & speed sensor, and signed up for Zwift.

Seems like it would be a bit of a hassle to continually take them off and put them back on - do you leave yours on your bike? Are they waterproof and will a rainy ride affect them?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Of course they stay on, they are used when riding outside.

figbat

Slippery scientist
My cadence sensor is cable-tied to the crank arm and has been for a couple of years. The speed sensor is on the front wheel hub permanently. They are designed to be left in place until they need a new battery.

Dale 1956

I've only just fitted a sensor to my rear hub for turbo training purposes.
Given the amount of frustration and swearing involved, it can bloody well stay there!
They can be heck to install for sure.I put mine on for a few weeks then off they came never to go back on again.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Once they're installed , you don't really need to worry about them, they're not that precious, yes the battery might fail eventually but I've had a wahoo speed and cadence sensor installed on a bike for Turbo training since October 2019, the bike is kept in a cold garage and the sensors are still working just fine. Just be mindful that you might need a couple of CR2032 cells ready to replace them when they fail.

Crankarm

Guru
They can be heck to install for sure.I put mine on for a few weeks then off they came never to go back on again.

What! I don't know what you are doing or what sensors you have, but they are dead easy to fit or remove. My Garmin sensors take all of 3 seconds or less to fit or remove either to a front hub or crank arm (me). LoL

Top Bottom