Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rarely - live in the country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes lots of the time - live in a city/town

• Yes lots of the time - live in the country

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
The back door is usually wide open but I keep the front door shut. The dog wouldn't go far but I still like to know where she is.

Plax

Guru
I quite often leave the front door open in the summer, seems to be the norm here. I sometimes forget to actually lock the front door at night too. I regularly forget to lock the car. On several occassions I've actually left the keys in the door overnight by accident (house keys, and car keys on them).
Thankfully for me I live in the sticks or I'd have been robbed by now with my own car used as the getaway!

mondobongo

Über Member
Keep front door closed but the back patio doors are open the majority of the time in warm weather, the missus opens the patio doors even if its freezing for some fresh air but I am too mesh and insist on them being closed in crap weather.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I left my door unlocked once in 18 years living at my current address. I got back from the pub 'slightly the worse for wear' and just forgot to lock it :smile:. Result - I got up next morning and my wallet had gone...

snorri

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
So if I am carrying something to eat and drink, and its Sunday and you don't know me, which door do I use?:smile:

....but I DO know you Speicher so side door please. Unless you are wearing your Sunday best and prefer to make a more dignified entry, then it would be front door:biggrin:

stevenb

I never leave my front door open...apart from when I go out to the wheelie bin to put rubbish in it.
I trust noone around here....not even my neighbours.

simonali

Guru
Not intentionally, but I have frequently gone out out and left the back door wide open. Don't tell my missus!

col

Legendary Member
On a very warm day in summer,ill put a cushion down to stop the front door shutting,but just long enough to get a through breeze to freshen the air,then close it again.I dont know how we managed hot days,before we got an air conditioning fan,it blows like a fridge,and cools downstairs nicely,as well as a fan in every room,the air is kept moving,and cool.

bonj2

might do if i lived in an appropriate house, and i would know if someone walked in. But in a lot of houses the front door just leads into the hall, where you're not likely to spend lots of time anyway.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Its interesting to see that I'm not alone... it probably does depend on your neighbourhood. As a child I always remember turning up at my aunts (rural farm in NI) and even if they weren't in the back door would be open (they never used the front one), and the post man would walk in and put the post on the table even if they weren't in. They do lock up now - but the key is in the outside loo (sorry auntie if you are reading this).

Perhaps I'm influenced by all these rural farming rellies.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Speicher said:
Bit unusual this house, front door is downstairs, and backdoor is upstairs.
Lounge and kitchen upstairs, bedroom downstairs. This means that you are not consistently up or downstairs. :smile: Confused?

Do you live on a hill by any chance? My Grannies place when I was about 6 was like this. In the front, down a flight of stairs and out the back.

Top Bottom