Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rarely - live in the country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes lots of the time - live in a city/town

• Yes lots of the time - live in the country

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Do you leave your front door open? - its a beautiful sunny day so my front door is wide open letting in the fresh air. I think my postman thinks I'm nuts - but always shouts hello/good morning through the door. I live in a quiet bit of a city, but would love to live in the country (I think).

So does anyone else do it? (The thread about feeling safe at night, and the sun made me think of this one).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's open now, was Saturday and Sunday, but my kids are playing out front, and as we are open plan, can keep an eye on the door.

We live in a fairly quiet cul-de-sac so not many folk come up here !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No, but if the weather's decent we have back door and patio doors open. If we had the front open too the through draught would be too much.

gavintc

Guru
My last house was in the middle of the country, I rarely locked the door. Sadly now in the heart of the city and it is back to double locks.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
rich p said:
No, but if the weather's decent we have back door and patio doors open. If we had the front open too the through draught would be too much.

Ditto...
If we left the front doors open the house it would probably fill up with inquisitive neighbours.

snorri

Legendary Member
My front door is only for Sundays and people who don't know me. I bricked up the back door 20 years ago, but the side door is usually open, just walk in if you are carrying something to eat or drink.:smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Bit unusual this house, front door is downstairs, and backdoor is upstairs.
Lounge and kitchen upstairs, bedroom downstairs. This means that you are not consistently up or downstairs. :smile: Confused?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Back door will be opened when its warm, and when its really warm the side door gets opened.
The front door will get opened if my mum is moping the floors and wants them to dry quick.
The front door wouldnt just be left open though because you never know who could just walk in.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My front door is often open whilst I am at home. So is the back door and the windows. I love to have fresh air through the house. Fortunately we have very good neighbours down our road which is quite friendly all along so everybody looks out for everyone else.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
snorri said:
My front door is only for Sundays and people who don't know me. I bricked up the back door 20 years ago, but the side door is usually open, just walk in if you are carrying something to eat or drink.:sad:

So if I am carrying something to eat and drink, and its Sunday and you don't know me, which door do I use?:smile:

catwoman

I have the back door open quite a lot. I have inadvertently left it closed but unlocked and gone off to work for the day! Been lucky so far.
Note to self: Must be more careful and not forget to lock the back door. :smile:

Top Bottom