Do you name your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just as some people like to give their cars a name.. Do you name your bike? You spend a lot of time with him/her and she carries you for miles and miles. It only seems right to me that he/she should have a name. Do people agree, or am I just being a bit sad?

NickC

Mine gets called The Donkey every once in a while, or, when I'm not happy with it, the f***ing donkey. But that's all. Mind you, don't think for a minute that you're a saddo; a hell of a lot of touring cyclists DO name their bikes - and some of the names are really odd.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
of course

the white'un (MTB)
the green'un (tourer)
the purple'un (SS MTB cum shopping/pub bike)
the folder (what it says on the can)
levelonoir (that would be the black one)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Like Greg mine get named by function or colour anything else is just too twee. However I do vary names for myself with the current favourite being 'fat c**t' as I try to exhort myself up a 20 yard gentle incline.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Like Greg mine get named by function or colour anything else is just too twee. However I do vary names for myself with the current favourite being 'fat c**t' as I try to exhort myself up a 20 yard gentle incline.

Like you my own title changes with the situation

I'm currently "you fat lazy cant" when climbing hills (against doctors orders) and

"You fat lazy stupid worthless cant" when having ignored doctors orders I blow up and have to call SWMBO to come pick me up in the family broom wagon :angry:

yes.

new one (still contemplating this - may well end up just being 'onix' for its maker called it that)
'dozza' - it's paintwork is very similar to my neighbours favourite colour (lime-green!) and her name is dorinda
old one

and yes, I do think it a little sad!!!

Norm

I do.

Mine are called The Secteur, The Tricross, The Talon and The Clunker.

Luckily for me, I was able to persuade the manufacturers of the first three to paint the names on the bikes, :tongue:

I don't think that Giant's marketing types would want to launch The Clunker as a name, though. :laugh:

Top Bottom