Do you own a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No.Never.Drove a car in 1981 for about ten minutes.

Im a real cyclist.:biggrin:

Seriously I will say I am lucky that I have been able to cope without a car and the tube for many years.:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Jane Smart said:
Yes I have a couple of cars :smile:

Yeh and one is a TVR........:biggrin:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Yes (10 year old diesel megane) mainly because it is nigh-on impossible to get around rural Cumbria without one. I started commuting to work and the shops by bike this January and since then it's been doing less than 600 miles a month this year though including going back to Rotherham to visit family

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Yes, unexpectedly a few weeks ago.

We bought some roofbars and cycle rails for it. Have been using it for transporting the bikes to forestry commission sites with cycle tracks :biggrin:

darkstar

hackbike 666 said:
No.Never.Drove a car in 1981 for about ten minutes.

Im a real cyclist.:biggrin:

Seriously I will say I am lucky that I have been able to cope without a car and the tube for many years.:smile:
I'd personally call that unlucky, thats personal preference though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
mcshroom said:
Yes (10 year old diesel megane) mainly because it is nigh-on impossible to get around rural Cumbria without one. I started commuting to work and the shops by bike this January and since then it's been doing less than 600 miles a month this year though including going back to Rotherham to visit family

600 miles a month with commuting on a bike ...argh........... :biggrin:

I got from doing 1500 a month down to less than 100...only summer month use..... ohh heck that sounds painful for you...........:smile:

Yes,I have a 1997 Volvo T5 CD Auto.It has 191,500miles on the clock and still goes like stink when called upon.At an average of 25mpg,19mpg towing a twin axle caravan and upwards of 30mpg behaving myself at motorway cruising speed.I intend to run it until it dies,none of this crap of £2000 quid to part with a perfectly good car to go into hock for another and get ripped of on first year registration tax and evey year thereafter.It will carry both of our bikes secure inside and dry.What more do I need.Happy & Safe Riding to You All.

darkstar said:
I'd personally call that unlucky, thats personal preference though.

Why is it unlucky if I don't want to own a car but prefer cycling?:biggrin:

I really dont understand this...I get this time and time again via my work colleagues...I should get a car...I ask why?
Don't want one.

Yes I can manage and yes I understand why people need cars.

We were even talking about this today.

Car orientated society.(or so it seems)

darkstar

hackbike 666 said:
Why is it unlucky if I don't want to own a car but prefer cycling?:biggrin:

I really dont understand this...I get this time and time again via my work colleagues...I should get a car...I ask why?
Don't want one.

Yes I can manage and yes I understand why people need cars.

We were even talking about this today.

Car orientated society.(or so it seems)
Lol i was simply stating a personal opinion! I love driving, and often go for a drive without a particular destination, much like i do whilst cycling. You said you were lucky not having to drive, i see that as unlucky as i would never have found my interest in driving (and track days)...

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
fossyant said:
600 miles a month with commuting on a bike ...argh........... :biggrin:

I got from doing 1500 a month down to less than 100...only summer month use..... ohh heck that sounds painful for you...........:smile:

Round trip home is circa 400 miles and I've had to do it 6 times already so far (far more than normal). What I've noticed is I'm filling the car up less than half as often as I used to, including the extra trips back to Yorkshire.

darkstar said:
Lol i was simply stating a personal opinion! I love driving, and often go for a drive without a particular destination, much like i do whilst cycling. You said you were lucky not having to drive, i see that as unlucky as i would never have found my interest in driving (and track days)...

Yeah I understand people love their cars and like to drive and I don't have a problem with this.I suppose when I am fixed in my ways it takes a lot for me to change.I have no regrets though.

mangaman

Yes - have no interest in cars whatsoever but need one for work.

ortherwise it's hardly used. Strangely I've gone on a few long driving trips and I enjoy those. It's the 3 mile trip to somewhere, with parking etc that I don't do.

I've no interest in track days or driving fast - my favourite drives have been pootling around the completely empty roads of inland Spain (you see no cars for a long time) but some amazing scenery.

And the best service stations in the world.

speccy1

I`ve got 2 cars. I do have an interest in cars as well as bikes though......(light`s the blue touch paper, sorry peoples!!)

I`ve got an old Vauxhall astra which runs on fresh air and does all the donkey work, and my baby which only emerges from the garage at weekends is a Golf R32

But.......the bike does more miles than both of my cars put together so I guess it`s ok:wacko::biggrin:!!

I reckon if I had a car I would be doing all sorts of electrical modifications on it.

Just like the bike which has a few.:biggrin:

Technically I could wire the bike to charge my phone.If I wanted.

Top Bottom