Do you read newspapers and if so what one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

ComedyPilot said:
The media is a cess pit of the lowest order.

I seldom read a newspaper apart from local 'papers for info as to cycling and local events.

I also do not make a point of watching the news on TV, but sometimes I catch it if I walk into the room.

I listen to the radio on the way to and back from work, and pick up enough about what they reckon is worthy of reporting to decide I don't need to look elsewhere to confirm the media no longer report anything other than stories with a 'spin'.

I am probably more informed since I stopped reading newspapers and watching the news than I was when I did...

Calum

The Guardian usually.

ComedyPilot said:
Don't buy or read any papers.

The media is a cess pit of the lowest order. They print sensationalist crap to further sales, with massive punter-arousing headlines on the front page, then having discovered the story to be untrue they print a 3 line apology on page 17.

W*nkers.

+1. I get the Monmouth Free Press occasionally to use for lighting the fire and that's it.:welcome:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Rhythm Thief said:
+1. I get the Monmouth Free Press occasionally to use for lighting the fire and that's it.:welcome:

I like to buy the Observer, read it! and then it usualy keeps me in fire lighting material for about a week.
The supplements don't burn very well though!

freakhatz

Aperitif said:
Yes - so much crazy stuff and explained in depth...here's today's picture - it's only a puppet! :welcome:
vaudou.jpg

Not an inflatable voodo doll? A candidate for this years 'Titanic Award'?

Anyway, I only read newspapers I find left on the train or once when lying helpless and vulnerable in hospital, a copy of the Daily M**l someone tossed onto my bed. Couldn't they have just given me MRSA and left it at that?

gavintc

Guru
Times and Guardian in roughly equal copies. But I find that I am just too busy at weekends to read a newspaper.

I read about the Sarkozy voodoo dolll - what a laugh.

Top Bottom