Do you remember the good things that happen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Its one of the reasons I learnt yoga and meditation, developed the quiet mind. I've done some great stuff during my life and have some marvellous memories, but there's the other side of the coin, behaved badly, treated people badly and made some bad mistakes. I used to worry about the mistakes rather than remember of the good times, now I can shut it down. I think its all just part of being human, we need to learn from our mistakes that's why we remember them so vividly, and why we sometimes worry about them to much.

+1 (except the yoga!)

mog35

I wouldn't say I was 'tormented' by negatives, although they do crop up in my mind from time to time... how I could've handled a situation better, or a witty retort that I wish I'd thought of at the time, or what if I'd done this or that.

Sometimes it's mulling over something trivial: for instance, trying to read a book, and instead of focusing on the words on the page, I'm being distracted by a part of the brain that says stuff like 'hey Dan, remember that time about 14 years ago when you got a bit too drunk, went to a nightclub and danced like a tit, asked the police to give you a lift home and then turned up at your friend's flat at 3am wanting to sleep on the floor? Remember that? What an idiot you were, eh? Just keepin' that memory alive. Anyway, you better read that paragraph again, I don't think you've taken it in.'

asterix

Comrade Member
When I worked in shipping I learnt to switch off.

There's nothing worse than worrying because you've sent a container of frozen meat to a fridge depot 200 hundred miles away that then refuses to take it on a bank holiday weekend saturday. Worrying about it could just spoil your entire weekend. At the end of the day it could still always be used for pet food.

Top Bottom