Do you shave your legs? If so, why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Oh and I like the hairless leg look on a cyclist, the only reason I've not done it yet is because I don't understand where you stop!
If I shave my legs do I have to shave my arse and back too? .

I, eh, uh... I think it might just be your legs.

Ethan

I, eh, uh... I think it might just be your legs.
But my hair goes right from my feet to my arse! Wouldn't it just look silly to shave to the shorts line, and have what would look a lot like a tan line made of hair?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

But my hair goes right from my feet to my arse! Wouldn't it just look silly to shave to the shorts line, and have what would look a lot like a tan line made of hair?

If you're wearing clothes then I don't think it makes a difference :rolleyes:

lejogger

Guru

It's an excellent point and a dilemma I also share.
I had to veet a quarter of my left leg for a knee operation once and ended up doing both legs and my arse. I didn't know where to stop.
It's all very well saying that under clothes it doesn't matter but some of us are still at a stage of our lives/relationships where we care about what the other half or potential other halves think when in our birthday suit.

Hairy Bermuda shorts is not a good look.

I trim now with a Phillips body groom thing. Makes everything neat and tidy and on the legs is a happy middle ground. Partial ridicule from the footy lads and partial ridicule from the cycling lads as opposed to full ridicule from one or the other.

lejogger

Guru
As an aside, but slightly related, I decided to go for my first ever back wax on Friday. Normally I try and shave it with the guardless part of the Phillips thing, but because I'm not a contortionist it's tricky, and becomes stubbly within a day - if ever completely smooth at all. Now this wasn't a pleasant experience, but it certainly wasn't horrific. I'd do it again, and might be the way forward, especially with my 3 week NZ trip approaching, it's one less thing to worry about.

Unfortunately I decided that at the same time I'd get my chest done.
Holy. Mother. Of. Crap. It was bad. There were a couple of goes when on the centre line of my stomach that I thought she'd actually ripped out vital organs. I'm pretty sure some of the roots of my chest hair are actually joined to my spine, and when they were ripped out it was like a finishing move from Mortal Kombat.
The worst part is that even after suffering through the misery, I don't even have a smooth, rippling torso a la Daniel Craig. I have an uninteresting, cyclist physique torso that's pretty peckless at the top and with a three and a half pack at the bottom, severe bruising, and a large covering of red blotches. :sad:

My girlfriend is so lucky.

lejogger

Guru
Hair wax scene from 40 Year Old Virgin
NSFW.. BAD LANGUAGE

Here

Before I went, this film was my only point of reference for what was going to happen. Fortunately it wasn't quite that bad, plus I couldn't walk out... the girl waxing was pretty. I've never been given so many sympathetic looks in my entire life though. She said I was very brave :shy:

Top Bottom