Do you shave your legs? If so, why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

I've been researching this lately. I'm curious as to why some cyclists shave their legs. I've found that "it shaves 5 seconds off of a 40km TT" or that "it makes you more aerodynamic" and that "it helps road rash heal" and "it makes it easier to get a massage".

Why would people who aren't professional cyclists shave their legs? I don't see a benefit.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
"it makes it easier to get a massage".
I have often been turned away when trying to get a massage because I have hairy legs.

potsy

Rambler
It would take far too long to shave my legs, and I couldn't afford the razors :thumbsup:
Anyway it's too cold for shorts :cold:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cos it hurts, apparently. Try rubbing your leg and see for yourself.

It also helps prevent road rash when you crash and fall and scrape along the tarmac. A hairless leg/arm will slide more freely, but a hairy one will tear much more easily.

And don't forget that abrasions on hairless legs heal much quicker. Hairy scabs... ouch...

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
When I came off my bike whilst being a numpty and going round a corner too fast (nearly a year ago now), I remember when I was taking my bandage on my knee off. The material had actually dried with the road rash I had besides the wound to my knee.
I had road rash on my right arm, right hip, right knee, and right ankle. They put the bandage on my knee whilst the road rash was still wet. I can still remember the pain when they ripped the scab on the road rash off! OUCH!!!!!!

Top Bottom