Do you shave your legs? If so, why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
I'

Why would people who aren't professional cyclists shave their legs? I don't see a benefit.

Each to their own.

If you do - fine
if you dont - fine

david1701

changing dressings on hairy legs is a BITCH, I waxed a 4" square of my leg with them and it was not a pleasant experience at all....

Looks Pro

I don't, I ride a cross bike and would be shunned if I tried to look pro, I'll shave (maybe) when I race or join a club doing harder riding but right now I like being old skool :tongue:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Article in cycling active about this and they summed it up as..

Easier to massage as who`s legs would not hurt after riding 100 + miles at supersonic speeds

Road rash is a tough one as the new follicles still grow through although it easier to clean a wound without hair in the way , as skin is shredded off when you slide off i doubt having no hair will make much difference in the severity of the wound.

Vanity
The funny bit was at the end when the auther of the article describes how his visiting sister walked into the bathroom whilst he was butt naked trying to shave his legs " gimme road rash anyday " was the parting shot ^_^

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Do pro cyclists shave their arms too? :girldance:

She doesnt!
hairy-legs.jpg

Coz I'm a girl....

Personally I'm not rabid about it, doing it everyday or anything, but I do like the feel of freshly smooth legs.

So do I, just not my own.

Having slid down the road on my leg before and doing a pretty good job (with a nail brush) of getting the grit out, only to have a nurse almost make me pass out when she did a very proper job...hair, gravel and skin is bad. I still don't shave my legs, but I am much more careful :-)

Top Bottom