Do you shave your legs? If so, why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Mainly I shave mine because women who don't get stared at and are subject to all kinds of comments, to your face and behind your back, which I just don't have the headspace to deal with. Though I confess I do like the smooth, silky feeling you get when you get into bed with freshly shaved (shaven?) legs - especially if the sheets are clean. *shivers* :shy:

The problem is a few days later.

The wife slides into bed and its like an angle grinder going down my leg.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
My husband's bike buddies tried getting him to shave his legs - he wound me up by telling me he had when they all pottered off to Mont Ventoux...the horror... Not so much for me not wanting a husband who shaves his legs like a girl(!), but because his legs as so frickin good that even with hair they put mine to shame! :thumbsdown:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Actually, I had my legs (and beard. Yes, seriously) waxed for charity once. It didn't really hurt for some reason, unlike the others who were writhing about in agony at having just a tiny bit taken off their leg

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
Actually, I had my legs (and beard. Yes, seriously) waxed for charity once. It didn't really hurt for some reason, unlike the others who were writhing about in agony at having just a tiny bit taken off their leg

Judging by your avatar, you must have looked a right plonker with naked legs and lower face, what with the rest of you covered in ginger fur - ?!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Judging by your avatar, you must have looked a right plonker with naked legs and lower face, what with the rest of you covered in ginger fur - ?!

Yes, but I kneecapped anyone who was daft enough to laugh! :laugh:

Nihal

Veteran
Epilation is pulling the hairs out (like waxing), shaving is just cutting them off flush. Hair takes a little longer to reappear after being pulled out.

I've never waxed, but it's not the HOT wax I'm bothered about, it's the pulling hairs out.
Now you've just made it more painful to just imagine it:ph34r:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Cyclings encouraged me to not bother shaving my face anymore, but trim my beard. Its nice and cosy for winter cycling. :smile:

Ajay

Veteran
I strim rather than shave, I use my hair clippers without the guard, it gets nice 'n close, but without any cuts or that weird raw feeling when I pull my jeans on!
I do it because waspies and other stingers/biters bounce off my smooth legs rather than get caught in a hairy trap - so to speak.
err, also, I like to see my muscle definition:blush:

Top Bottom