Votes: 1 100.0%
  • WIGGLE

• RIBBLE

• Other..

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Cunobelin said:
Other

Had to take Ribble to the small claims court after they claimed the strap failing on my Giro Pneumo on the first day was "fair wear and tear".They refused to replace or repair so off the the SCC we went.

Wiggle use CityLink - totally useless as a delivery service, unreliable, difficult and incompetent.

Parker has the same selection as UK BikeStore, so no advantage

UK BikeStore is on my way home in the evenings, and has proven reliable, honest and convenient

After one experience of Citylink claiming to have tried to deliver and then sending the parcel back to Wiggle (when they evidently hadn't even bothered as I wasn't carded or nuffin'), when I order from Wiggle now I always write in the comments / additional info section for them to send by Royal Mail. So far they have always done this for me and I've had no further problems. Far easier for me to collect from the local Royal Mail sorting office than fanny around with Citylink.

I used to collect from Wiggle as I pass them on the way home, but can no longer do so.

UKBikeStore allows personal pick-ups, so I use them in preference as this saves all the postal issues.

Mr Pig

I try to spend in my most local 'decent' bike shop, Dales in Glasgow. They're not the cheapest but the service has been first class and they're a nice bunch of guys. There are no good bike shops in the town were I live.

If everyone bought on line lots of local bike shops would shut. And where would you get expert help then? It's already happened with lots of other types of shop so if you buy on line, don't start moaning when your LBS shuts.

Halfords is good for the bargain bins though, I got a Park Tools spanner the other day for one pound! :0)

gavintc

Guru
All of them - your poll implies a degree of shopping loyalty which I do not have. I will shop around and use whichever is cheapest and has what I want.

mondobongo

Über Member
Like others try and support my LBS but have limited stock and prices are generally far higher. Quite happy with Parker prices are good and stuff shows up quickly had a bit of a wait for a jacket but emails sorted it promptly so willing to give them another go. UK Bike Store are good but dont always remember to look there. Dont use PBK as their returns procedure is awful and heard a lot of people got stiffed when they went under, Dont use Ribble as heard plenty of bad reports about them.

Blue

Legendary Member
I always shop at my LBS. Yes, delivery can be slow, but I'm never in any hurry! I don't recall ever being charged full price for anything so I don't lust after internet shopping. The customer care my bikes and I get at the LBS is second to none.

I agree with the sentiment "use it or lose it". I wouldn't want to lose my LBS as its loss would cost me more than any savings I would ever make on the internet.

stevenb

Joe said:
All of the them!

Same here.
Can't answer your Poll mate.:smile:

Slim

Über Member
Mainly Wiggle in the past but the ease of price comparison on the web these days means they are not always the cheapest.

I used Parkers very recently. On the whole they were fine but I was disappointed that they had to be prompted before getting the refund process started - the duff tyre had been returned almost two weeks earlier.

Like most - if the item is something I need advice on, the LBS will always get my business.

Top Bottom