Do you sometimes catch the front wheel with your feets on the pedal?

Do you sometimes catch the front wheel of your bike with your feets when making slow turns?

• yes

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • never had that on my bike

Votes: 35 43.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Some of mine have overlap some don't but it is rare to turn the front wheel far enough to catch at above walking speed.

It's overlap. Depends on the frame geometry. My Ribble has overlap but the other 3 don't.
Depends on the geometry and your feet's.

And you know what they say about men with big feet...

...they wear big shoes

(I get low speed toe overlap when manoeuvring but I live with it on account of my size elevens)

Sharky

Guru
Can be a problem with fixed and making turns, but I now ride with shorter cranks and don't have a problem

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Not when I'm moving, no...I get a bit bored at the lights sometimes though and move my handle bars around a bit and I might get the odd knock on a toe, so it could happen if I need to make an emergency turn at some point.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Some of mine have overlap some don't but it is rare to turn the front wheel far enough to catch at above walking speed.
This. If you're moving at any kind of speed you turn by leaning, not by moving the bars[*]

[*] countersteering notwithstanding

Steady

Über Member
Never had it, but I'm on the opposite scale. I've a 51cm Triban 3 with 650c wheels, would have much prefered 700c and dealt with overlap but oh well. :okay:

The only time 'slow speed turns' really come into it for me is when maneuvering around cycle path infrastructure which has always felt easier on a heavier bike, than a lighter bike in my experience, ie. mountain bike over road bike.

green1

Über Member
Yes on both my bikes. On one of them I also hit the chain stay. Need to try clets with less float but keep forgetting to order them. The joys of size 12 feet.

KneesUp

Guru
Road bike - yes (but it has no cranks, so at the moment it's fine)
Other bike - no (it has 26" wheels which helps)

This bike - never

qu-axprofiblack_1.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes all my bikes, I'm short with short legs so ride small frames.

Top Bottom