Do you swear in front of your parents/wife etc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

I swear. Always have. In the pub, out with mates, at certain people at work (tradesmen. Only way to get through to them to be honest)

However, I never swear when I'm in the company of my parents, never really swear in front of the wife apart from if something ridiculous happens. Never swear at her though (ie: ya f*cking this, ya f*cking that, hurry the f*ck up etc) and never swear in front of the girls in the office.

Find it quite weird though the min I meet a mate etc.... it just starts tripping off my tongue!!!

Oh and people who swear in front of kids should be shot!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Greedo said:
I swear. Always have. In the pub, out with mates, at certain people at work (tradesmen. Only way to get through to them to be honest)

However, I never swear when I'm in the company of my parents, never really swear in front of the wife apart from if something ridiculous happens. Never swear at her though (ie: ya f*cking this, ya f*cking that, hurry the f*ck up etc) and never swear in front of the girls in the office.

Find it quite weird though the min I meet a mate etc.... it just starts tripping off my tongue!!!

Oh and people who swear in front of kids should be shot!!

I swear when necessary, which is quite a lot, although I reserve the F and C words for suitable occasions. My wife isn't keen on those ones even when used as an ejaculation. I did have to teach my kids to swear properly though;)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I swear at the wife when she's being a xxxx. Never at or even in front of the kids though - never.

No!

Out of respect I let them go first! :rolleyes:

No, not really! A 'bloody' is about it, but sometimes a bad word comes out every now and then.

I don't speak English too often here, so when I occasionally ring my folks, I'm out of practice and sometimes can't find the right word!

'Suffering' mildly from Tourettes doesn't help, either! :biggrin:

Top Bottom