Doc Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lardarse rider

longers said:
Is it a repeat? as I saw a couple when I had a telly, and then it seemed to disappear. We found it funny :biggrin:.

Did it disappear around the same time you got rid of your TV....Hmmmmmmmm;)

bonj2

That program was boring as shite.
It's one of those programs that's always at least mildly amusing, but that you feel obliged to continue watching "in case it gets funnier", which it never does. The badger burning was about the funniest it got, although they didn't put much effort in - the chase scene where Martin was chasing nasty vandal child could have been a lot more slapstick.
Any amusement that could be derived from it was actually cancelled out by anger at the bad parenting by the new family, knowing that there actually are people like that do it not because they're lazy but because they think they're right.

ChrisKH

Guru
lardarse rider said:
Did it disappear around the same time you got rid of your TV....Hmmmmmmmm;)

No, probably got to an age (like me) when entire series pass you by because of scheduling. I have no idea when this was on but I rarely get to see anything before 9.00 pm these days. Having said that I missed the entire x number of series that 'The Office' had. I saw part of the Xmas party one and was rather glad.

Smeggers

bonj said:
That program was boring as shite.
It's one of those programs that's always at least mildly amusing, but that you feel obliged to continue watching "in case it gets funnier", which it never does. The badger burning was about the funniest it got, although they didn't put much effort in - the chase scene where Martin was chasing nasty vandal child could have been a lot more slapstick.
Any amusement that could be derived from it was actually cancelled out by anger at the bad parenting by the new family, knowing that there actually are people like that do it not because they're lazy but because they think they're right.

I agree, I didnt know it was even supposed to be funny until I read this thread.

Why does Martin Clunes walk as if he's shat himself?

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Oh so negative....:biggrin:
Beauty (or comedy in this case) is in the eye of the beholder.
If i want slapstick, i'll watch Charlie Chaplin...

No, moderately and harmlessly funny, something a little different than the cloned muck on TV now...it'll do for me. :biggrin:

Top Bottom