Help me remember this documentary maker and narrator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
Trying to remember his name. He is American but tends to make shortish satirical documentaries which he stands in various locations and narrates it seemingly around the UK. Often themed around sociology as he talked about British culture in a monologue. He always wore dark black suits and had noticeable black glasses. I remember seeing a few of those maybe 10-15 years ago. Tried googling but didn't get anywhere! (PS Not Michael Moore)

Last edited:

Richard A Thackeray

Legendary Member

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Jonathan Meades?

IMG_1449.jpeg

OP
OP
markemark

markemark

Über Member
Haven't seen anything for years and years and for some reason I remembered him the other day. Tried to google him to see if I could stream anything online. But I really remember his being American. Clearly not!

MikeG

Guru
I always took Meade's stuff on culture with a pinch of salt, but his architectural critiques were well worth listening to.

matticus

Guru
I always took Meade's stuff on culture with a pinch of salt,

I only came to him quite recently - I felt he was like a UK version of Clive James. A lot of truth and insight in amongst the pithy and sarcastic prose.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
His film "Belgium" is well worth a watch (easily found on YT). Brilliantly written, shot and edited, with a great soundtrack.

Top Bottom