Doc Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:..never saw it before, did as i usually do..took one look at the trailer....hrmphhh, i'm not watching that, it looks cr@p.

Brilliant, i dont know what ive been missing....i'm gutted. Still laughing now :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
you know, i was just gonna ask who's watching this. i love it. he's so funny!

you missed a classic last week. if you've never watched it before you might have noticed he's got a thing for Louisa but doesn't know how to say it.

he held her hand last week was went to say something, couldn't get the words out and then spluttered out "i'll need to take a stool sample". hilarious!

longers

Legendary Member
Is it a repeat? as I saw a couple when I had a telly, and then it seemed to disappear. We found it funny :biggrin:.

Bigtallfatbloke

I like the show...and Port Isaac is a lovely place to visit...but the hotel in the old school needs to invest in some comfy beds.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I like the show...and Port Isaac is a lovely place to visit...but the hotel in the old school needs to invest in some comfy beds.

Where is Port Isaac. my mum was saying the other day she really liked it. i could surprise her!

cyclebum

Port isaac is in Cornwall and such a lovely place full of steep narrow lanes and so pretty. As for the tv prog, you have missed so much if you've only just discovered it. There was one episode in the past when the 2 would be lovers were in the back of a taxi, as they moved closer, the kiss iminent, the tension rising, Doc suddenly pauses and asks about her dental hygene as she has halitosis!! it's the best thing in ages but I missed tonight as I had to go out.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Originally thought this thread was about shoes and boots !!
When this show first started I thought it was in the 'Heartbeat' mode so didn't bother, but I've lately got into it.
I like the dry humour, seems as if he's a grown up yoof from 'Men Behaving Badly'.

That Neil Morrissey is one good actor !

They even made him up to look like Martin Clunes.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Bigtallfatbloke said:
it's between Tintagel and Padstow...

...Go in the Summer

cyclebum said:
Port isaac is in Cornwall ....

i'm definitely taking her then. it does look really beautiful. not a place i'd choose to cycle tho. looks a tad hilly for me :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

buggi said:
i'm definitely taking her then. it does look really beautiful. not a place i'd choose to cycle tho. looks a tad hilly for me :biggrin:
Definitely is, not the best place in the world to be a cyclist, but if you do go there a visit to Tintagel is worth it and just a bit further North you can park your car, walk through a wooded glen up to where (allegedly) the local witches lived, next to a cracking waterfall.

They are supposed to be buried under the large flat slab of rock the water hits at said bottom of fall. It's quite eerie !

buggi

Bird Saviour
Elmer Fudd said:
Definitely is, not the best place in the world to be a cyclist, but if you do go there a visit to Tintagel is worth it and just a bit further North you can park your car, walk through a wooded glen up to where (allegedly) the local witches lived, next to a cracking waterfall.

They are supposed to be buried under the large flat slab of rock the water hits at said bottom of fall. It's quite eerie !

that sounds a bit scarey!

Elmer Fudd

buggi said:
that sounds a bit scarey!
It can be if you are on your own !! If you can possibly ford the stream from the 'official' path, which will be on your right hand side, it's easier if you step on the slab under which the 2 witches are allegedly buried (but watch out for hands trying to grab your ankles, they were drowned alive, the rock was used to hold them down, if they died, they were innocent, if they survived, they really were witches !!!!), you can climb the bank to where their wooden shack was supposed to be (remnants of logs still there).
But, and I kid you not, when I went there with the Ex,,,,, we didn't hear a bird singing !! Weird or what ??

Top Bottom