Has anyone saved your life...other than doctors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of years ago I had a fall in the kitchen, landed on the back of my head and was knocked unconscious. My wife could hear that I was choking and realised I had swallowed my tongue. Luckily she had the presence of mind to just reach in and pull my tongue back up. If I had been alone it would have been a different outcome the paramedic told me.

Jameshow

Veteran
I was rescued by cave rescue 30 years ago.

I was rescued by my sister last week when I could easily have been under a train ...

richardfm

Veteran
A couple of years ago I had a fall in the kitchen, landed on the back of my head and was knocked unconscious. My wife could hear that I was choking and realised I had swallowed my tongue. Luckily she had the presence of mind to just reach in and pull my tongue back up. If I had been alone it would have been a different outcome the paramedic told me.

I don't know how old you are, but "I had a fall" instead of "I fell over" means you must be at least 70

I'm sure my parents must have saved me from choking to death or something of that ilk ;-)

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I was once saved by a thorny bush😳
Mountain biking in the Sierra Nevada mountains, I was riding on a rocky ledge in the middle of summer, it was dry and arid but my front wheel slid from under me as we rode over some water from a small spring above. I fell off the ledge and ended up unable to move lodged upside down in a thorny bush which thankfully broke my fall. There was quite a drop onto hard rocks, I’m not sure I would have survived it.
I was pulled, bloodied and clothes ripped from the thorny bush by the other two riders in our group.

tom73

Guru
My dad though he did not know at the time. When I was still a baby at the starting to walk and crawl about stage.
I was in with her in her room she was nor watching me well enough. I managed to get on to my sisters bed and then fell out the up stairs window she'd left open.
Two things my dad did turned out to save me. Directly under the widow up against the house wall. He'd left bags of grass cuttings which my mum had been on him to move. He'd not time to see to them.
2rd before he left for work he use to open the top kitchen widow. That day he opened it but something made him think to close it.
If either he'd moved the bags or left the window open which i'd have hit and so miss the bags. I'd have been dead.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My mate at uni woke me up after I'd OD'd on paracetamol and Bucky. I threw everything up and came out unscathed. That was another one that had I been alone it could have been a different story!

Top Bottom