dodgy advice in the Times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skwerl

ah. I read that yesterday and was lookiing for the electronic version to post.
Seems like crappy advice to me, expecially coming form a reputable bike shop. So now that's one less person using a bike, unless she plans to replace her triathlon bike (seems a bit of a daft choice anyway - or does she ride triathlons?) with something else.

biking_fox

Guru
Anyone got any non-anecdotal stats/research on the actual breakage frequencies of CF forks?

I've been commuting on mine for 3+ years now quite happily* and to be honest I'm more concerned about the alu frame that only had 1 years warrenty than the forks. I've hit loads of potholes and the occasional car, and all is fine so far.

*but to be honest I prefered the ride my previous straight non-CF ones had - even though I don't race, I enjoyed the more precision they gave. Odd how just a few mm of curve makes such a difference.

bonj2

nah. again, like all MrP's examples, they're rigid.

bonj2

You asked for carbon forks for MTBs.

You've been given loads of examples, and because you're wrong you move the goalposts.

mountain bike as in a bike that can go up and down a mountain. Not a 'mountain bike' as in what halfords call a mountain bike.

Proto

Legendary Member
Or thse?

486e.jpg

http://www.pace-racing.co.uk/product.asp?catID=2&subcat=486

Trillian

bonj said:
mountain bike as in a bike that can go up and down a mountain. Not a 'mountain bike' as in what halfords call a mountain bike.

bonj, If i could afford them, i would fit them to the front end of my On-One inbred (which i built from parts) which is currently singlespeed with 90mm of travel and ride any trail centre you point at, i'm quite fond of a rigid set up from time to time.

if thats not a proper mountain bike, what is?

Top Bottom