Dodgy Gumtree advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/road-bike-/1267707016

Guy 'owns' a high end Giant road bike and yet seems to know nothing about it, not even the frame size. He's clearly a very skilled photographer as the photo he's taken looks very similiar to a Giant stock photo. Poor fellow is trying to sell the bike because he's had a very bad run of luck, having experienced 'hart' problems and a very bad leg break. The leg break is obviously so bad that he's not anticipating ever been able to cycle again. He's not asking very much for a bike that looks brand spanking new either, what a generous chap.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I detect a certain cynicism in your post which I find unwarranted.

The poor lad is a Welsh native, hence his poor grammar and writing skills - he was probably taught primarily in Welsh, so is struggling with a second language - we should be grateful he managed to only miss "one" vowel.....

Obviously his broken leg precludes him from going to the shed or garage to get the actual bike out, hence the stock photo.. Would you really be so cruel as to force him to balance precariously on one leg while juggling crutches and camera just so you could see the actual bike?

As for the lack of description, his heart condition has probably weakened him sufficiently that he's exhausted from entering the scant details he has... and for the same reason he may not be comfortable having visitors to his home. This would explain his probable offer to meet with any prospective buyers on the layby on the A40.....

bpsmith

Veteran
I detect a certain cynicism in your post which I find unwarranted.

The poor lad is a Welsh native, hence his poor grammar and writing skills - he was probably taught primarily in Welsh, so is struggling with a second language - we should be grateful he managed to only miss "one" vowel.....
I suppose you think he’ll spend the money on a new sheep to shag too!?!

Top Bottom