Does any know of a breathable jacket??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
That feels like a jersey but fits like a jacket thats not waterproof but adds a light layer of insulation like a tracksuit top??

Anyone got any suggestions or ideas where i could find something like that?? Because everytime I have a gander and some of the big cycling retailers All i find is windproof and waterproof jackets but neither of them is what im after.

lazyfatgit

Ive got a gore oxygene jacket which is just a bit heavier than my heaviest top. Its a few years old now. Generally only wear it on the coldest days here (0-5) with a base layer which i choose depending on temp.

Its close fitting and windproof, keeps light showers out.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ive got a gore oxygene jacket which is just a bit heavier than my heaviest top.

That was close - if I'd taken any longer to understand that sentence, my brain would have exploded from a paradoxical feedback loop.

Another vote for Gore - Haven't got any myself, but have borrowed it and been very impressed.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A mate at work wears a jacket from Aldi's cycling range that fits that description and I think was £15-20. I'll ask him next time I see him.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
AL26S97.png

Altura 'sportive' long sleeve jersey

mangid

Guru
Gore Windstopper for me, good down to about freezing with a merino long sleeve and short sleeve base layer. Keeps the wind out, good even in light rain.

Mine are a couple of years old, the new C5 long sleeve is what I would get as replacement now.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was given the 500 regular (not warm) variant and even that has some insulation. That's what I was thinking of when reading the OP, although the fens are so windy that I tend to wear my Roubaix jacket (windproof front upper, breathable rest) much more.

To be honest thats probably what I meant - here it is - it has a very limited time span when I use it - but it saves the faff of arm warmers and as you say has that tad of insulation for Sep - Oct - after that its the flanders jacket - then the winter jacket (but hey its July lets not go there !)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/roadc-500-jersey-red-id_8402938.html

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Ideally what I'm looking for is a non waterproof jacket that's made from the same material as a jersey.

Thanks for all the suggestions

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ideally what I'm looking for is a non waterproof jacket that's made from the same material as a jersey.
Jerseys are made from all sorts of stuff! I've certainly seen ones made from the light thermal stuff of the BTwins.

If you mean the thin near see through polyester, Muddyfox used to do a full zip long sleeve thin one but I think Sports Dreck are contractually required to discontinue any useful products. Searching suggested https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/deta...Sleeve-Cycling-Jersey-Dark-Grey-Black?lid=QB1 but even that might be a bit thicker than a usual Jersey.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I suppose I should say summer jersey or summer jacket. Just something to keep the chills off the arms at night. I could always wear a gilet but my arms are still exposed. I dont fancy arm warmers either

Top Bottom