Does anyone do leg stretches before and after a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I keep trying to get my boss to set up a gym, but seeing as I am the boss it will never happen.

flissh

Get a stick (Massage Stick) - They fit in a kit bag are great!!

TravelStickUser.jpg

The-Stick-Horizontal.jpg

More info on : http://www.the-stick.co.uk/

I stretch all the time.. My work has a gym in it and we have Pilates, Yoga & Tai Chi classes run during lunchtimes.

I know this is a bit cheap but I use a cardboard tube (like inside kitchen roll or loo roll) on a wooden rolling pin. It honestly works just as well. Used it on my calf muscle when I had a bit of a calf strain and it really helped!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Blimey H who do you work for?

I work in the tech industry, here are some pics of the work gym if your interested. We have a studio for spinning classes, yoga etc as well as the usual weights, sports massage and personal trainers available for staff
I get time to attend these during the work day.
The company believes a healthy workforce saves money from sick days.. I just really like it, the company treats me very well.

rps20140425_201152.jpg rps20140425_201006.jpg rps20140425_200559.jpg rps20140425_201047.jpg rps20140425_200903.jpg rps20140425_200438.jpg rps20140425_200639.jpg rps20140425_202548.jpg

Bike shed is on par quality wise - indoors, heated with work stand and tools

Last edited:

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
I stretch afterwards only myself. Ride easy for 10-15 minutes and then continue at that speed the entire ride. Never felt tightness in the legs. Perhaps its all this potassium in my diet.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I work in the tech industry, here are some pics of the work gym if your interested. We have a studio for spinning classes, yoga etc as well as the usual weights, sports massage and personal trainers available for staff
I get time to attend these during the work day.
The company believes a healthy workforce saves money from sick days.. I just really like it, the company treats me very well.

View attachment 43393 View attachment 43394 View attachment 43397 View attachment 43398 View attachment 43399 View attachment 43401 View attachment 43404 View attachment 43405

Bike shed is on par quality wise - indoors, heated with work stand and tools

That is absolutely amazing.

A group of guys I know put an exercise bike in an empty room where they work and were told to remove it for "health and safety" reasons.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Stretching cold muscle isn't good indeed.
Stretching before exercise has been proven to reduce muscle strength too

Top Bottom