Does anyone know any good Polish Carpenters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Any one who wants to embark at York, meet up with me and I'll lead you out of town to below the Naburn railway bridge - I fear a decent sized tug/ark combo would not get beneath it, without the giraffes hitting their heads.

Why can't we have meatballs? I like meatballs.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pop in to Brighton please - I fancy a cruise. Can you get a few extra cattle on the way as I'm partial to a rare steak.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Arch, if you know a good recipe for meatballs, please bring it with you. I am not particularly fond of the Swedish recipe for meat balls, and anyway I have not yet appointed a chef. Rich P is bringing the cattle, so we will have plenty of fresh meat.:smile:

Can you also bring the teddy bear jumper pattern, I have lots of bears needed jumpers, most particularly Ben, whose chest size is 28", but he has big arms. He is used to adventures, having already had lunch in a posh cafe in Bristol, and travelled by train from Bristol to Worcester. He wants to visit Patagonia, and also meet Paddington's relatives.

Elmer, you will be very useful when it comes to polishing the brass and wood panelling on the boat, I would like the boat to be ship-shape.:smile: Please bring plenty of elbow grease.

Aperitif, where is the Porte de Versailles, I am not sure when we are due in France, depends if we go from York to Manchester by a southerly or northerly route.

Fossyant - are you staying put now that your weather is improving?

Rich P, we can drop you off in Cornwall, if Davyo is joining us, or in Brighton if we take the southerly route from York. I do not know yet, where we are picking up Snorri, he seems to be envisaging problems with Revenue and Customs and Excise;):blush:

Of-course this is just a draught of the boat's route:biggrin:;). I am not cognisant of the boat's exact draft, I will investigate that on my boat's web-site.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Polish carpenters?
Well, Karen Carpenter was a drummer, and so is this kid, who's Polish. Will that do?

I got rid of my Polish builders, because I found they were lazy gits taking the mick, and I found a better and cheaper british alternative...I think this is unique!

Tetedelacourse

Be aware that having Dayvo onboard instantly puts any livestock you may be carrying on the menu.

I might join at Edinburgh if there's any chance of working Cuba into the voyage.

Arch

Married to Night Train
laurence said:
i've rigged the coffee machine to work on wind power, that will save us having to run an extension cable from a mains supply.

That will be most useful, mid-atlantic.

Don't forget that we will also have available the labourforce of the world's animals. I think we can all have a fairly easy passage if we can persuade the ants, bees and dung beetles to do all the clearing up. Elephants will of course be on hand for deck swabbing duties, and numbats are very good at putting things away tidily in lockers.

There will need to be plenty of sheep, goats, alpacas etc for knitting purposes.

I do know a recipe for a dish involving a hand made meatball (just mince and onion moulded into shape) which is baked in the middle of a Yorkshire pudding, if that sounds alright. Blimey, haven't had that since I left home, it's not a dish you bother to do for one...

Arch said:
That will be most useful, mid-atlantic.

There will need to be plenty of sheep, goats, alpacas etc for knitting purposes.

how do they hold the needles with their hooves?

longers

Legendary Member
This is going to be so good :smile:.

I can actually get to York if it makes things easier. Nice bike ride along the TPT and then up the York Spur bit. No point in you trailing up the West coast.

I'm pretty good (very) at Yorkshire puddings too :blush:. If it's toad in the hole when it's got sausage in, what's it called when it has mince in?

Arch

Married to Night Train
laurence said:
how do they hold the needles with their hooves?

Ha. Ha ha. ha ha ha ha...

:blush:

Angora rabbits, that's the sort of rabbit I couldn't remeber just now when I posted about the sheep and goats... We need angora rabbits as well.

And everyone is going to have to learn to spin, or I'll run out of yarn a lot.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
This is going to be so good :smile:.

I can actually get to York if it makes things easier. Nice bike ride along the TPT and then up the York Spur bit. No point in you trailing up the West coast.

I'm pretty good (very) at Yorkshire puddings too :blush:. If it's toad in the hole when it's got sausage in, what's it called when it has mince in?

The book it came out of called them Mince Popovers. You make largish (golfball or a little bigger) balls of mince and finely chopped onion, put one in each indent of a 4 hole Yorkshire pan, roast for 5 mins to start them cooking, than pour the batter round and put back in the oven for 15 mins to cook the Yorkshires. Serve with veg and lots of gravy.:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
Arch, I'll try that, but rename it if you don't mind. Mincey Popovers? :blush:

You call it whatever you like! The book was a 1970's meat cookbook, and this was the one dish we regularly used out of it. The meatballs are just mince and onion (chopped as finely as you can), a bit of mixed herbs and seasoning, if you wish, and then rolled into balls, coating your hands in flour to stop them sticking too much. Put oil, or dripping, whatever you prefer to do the Yorkshires in, in the pans, to heat in the oven, then give the meatballs a five minute head start, add batter round them and cook until done. Goes well with a dark green veg like kale, if you like that, or carrots.

Top Bottom