Does anyone know any good Polish Carpenters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
As I may be needing them to build a new ark!

It started raining here at about midnight last night and it's stil raining. :blush:

And it's getting heavier.

And windier.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!! :smile::eek:

(now, where are my water wings)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I can polish me wood.
But not sure about carpentry !!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I may be able to offer you some assistance. My tug is due to leave Stockholm next week. The captain will return from Brazil soon, and as he is currently unemployed, he could chug down the Baltic and be in Aberdeen in about four days. Is this soon enough? You would not be able to get a boat built in that time, so this may be your best chance.

I might have to contact Dayvo, to see if he is well enough to leave Sweden for a warmer and lighter climate. Then there is Snorri, who I think lives somewhere in your corner of the world. The captain will need some sort of crew. I think he can find a First Mate (steady on:blush:), so we still need a chef. We might need some one who knows about animals, and we might need someone good at first aid. I will be in charge of pressing the horn, when we dock and/or leave port.:blush::biggrin::biggrin:

Arch knows a lot about animals, but she is involved in organising a Revolution, so she might be a tad busy, what with that and knitting animals. Would anyone else like to join the voyage. I think we are heading to the Azores, and will drop off Dayvo in Cornwall on the way.
Perhaps other peeps need a lift somewhere?

longers

Legendary Member
I can shovel sh*t, I'll look after the animals. Meet you at the end of the Manchester Ship Canal?

snorri

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
he could chug down the Baltic and be in Aberdeen in about four days.

Aberdeen, busy place, lots of formalities. Will you be carrying any errrr.... cargo on the trip over? Perhaps you would like some advice on a....ummmm... quieter landfall???

:smile:Adds smiley in case anyone else is looking;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
longers said:
I can shovel sh*t, I'll look after the animals. Meet you at the end of the Manchester Ship Canal?

My geography may not be very good, but could I point out the following:
We are planning to dock at Edinburgh, although Snorri has some doubts about the advisability of this, (for reasons as yet unknown). Could you and your dog please therefore make your way across the country. You could join up with Arch as she is in York, and we could pick you both up. If you insist on waiting in Manchester, we could be a while, unless Hadrian's wall has recently become a viaduct capable of carrying large ocean-going motor vessels.

Please bring your own sleeping bag, as I am not entirely cognisant of the blanket and bedding situation on the tug. I think it has about ten cabins, excluding the one for the Captain. If we get too many passengers, you may have to cogitate on with whom you would like to share a cabin.
I am sure you will understand that I get the biggest cabin as I own the boat.:blush:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
snorri said:
Aberdeen, busy place, lots of formalities. Will you be carrying any errrr.... cargo on the trip over? Perhaps you would like some advice on a....ummmm... quieter landfall???

As the Captain has his reputation to maintain,:blush: I do not think that he will condone the conveyancing of any contraband. If you wish to embark at a port other than Edinburgh, please advise us, so that we can arrange docking at another port to suit your convenience.

longers

Legendary Member
I understand the geography bit :blush:. I'm busy at work for 2 weeks and then I'll be free. I thought that a "quick" pootle round the coast to Manchester (the Ship Canal is BIG) would be quite nice for you all and also give you chance to fill the other cabins.

It'll also give the animals a headstart. I prefer to be kept busy.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I shall have to get out my Maritime charts, and consult with the Captain. We could perhaps pick up passengers on the way round to Manchester, I will reserve you a bunk in a twin cabin. We could then head southerly towards the Scilly Isles, very quiet at this time of year. Then we would go to the Azores, not sure after that. I may rely on the Captain's experience to decide where to go next. I would like the opportunity to see the Aurora Borealis, so if we miss it, perhaps we could amend our proposed itinerary.

I think the Captain has to be back home in Sweden for their spring. But as he lives about 100 miles north of Götebörg, I am unsure when spring arrives that far north. Davyo would probably be able to tell us. We could of-course continue to South America. I have an undeniable urge to visit Patagonia.

I will also have to give proper consideration to some Protocol. On any sea-going vessel, it is accepted that the Captain's word "is law" and must be obeyed. However, as owner of the vessel, I would wish to have some lee way over the itinerary. Does anyone know Maritime Regulations sufficiently well to explain the procedure, does it appear under Section 19, part 31a or 31b? I look forward knowledgeable intervention on this subject.

longers

Legendary Member
Great stuff :blush:.
I'll start polishing my shovel.
By the time I get onboard you'll be able to eat your dinner off it :smile:.

Will there be grog?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, I am sure there will be grog. I have, as yet, not assigned a Procurement Executive for this voyage. This post is currently vacant. A ship leaving Sweden will be more than adequately loaded with beverages, alcoholic (Absolutely plenty of Vodka :blush:;)) and otherwise. Must not forget the coffee or the tea, Davyo might be able to procure that from the English Shop around the corner from his house. (Even if he chooses not to join us). I will try to ensure that no meatballs are carried on this vessel.

I think it is now time to switch off my puter, and watch my favourite channel on Sky.:smile::biggrin::biggrin: before retiring to my bunk.

i'm good with animals.

i also have a coffee machine.

it didn't rain here today, so i went for a nice little walk to enjoy the sunshine after 4 days of larruping. not it's chucking it down again, even the ducks in the park were moaning about the weather.

Top Bottom