"Does anyone know how to fly a plane?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If you live in Nelson, Lancs then it's a...

Nelson - Dorma.

No. But we have seen a B&B somewhere in the North Of Scotland (Plockton or similar) called 'The Nessun Dorma Guest House*'

'The None Shall Sleep Guest House'

Hardly encouraging!!

* - Or similar, it was certainly called The Nessun Dorma anyway

EDIT: Its the Nessun Dorma Station Bunkhouse, Plockton

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
No. But we have seen a B&B somewhere in the North Of Scotland (Plockton or similar) called 'The Nessun Dorma Guest House*'

'The None Shall Sleep Guest House'

Hardly encouraging!!

* - Or similar, it was certainly called The Nessun Dorma anyway
Singin' - Nelson Dorma now.

Brings to mind Kebabs rather than pasta though.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Back to aircraft emergencies.

I could, probably still shut down a Tornado or Harrier & pin the ejector seats in a hurry if pushed as well as the Nimrod (is the Nimrod still grounded anyone) ? Not so hot on Jaguars though & know nothing about the Eurofighter really.

Couldn't fly a kite safely though.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Back to aircraft emergencies.

I could, probably still shut down a Tornado or Harrier & pin the ejector seats in a hurry if pushed as well as the Nimrod (is the Nimrod still grounded anyone) ? Not so hot on Jaguars though & know nothing about the Eurofighter really.

Couldn't fly a kite safely though.

Sorry, but I think the thread has been hijacked (pardon the pun) :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We had better PROP this thread up or the Reaper might get us in his VULCAN death grip.

Yes we must make a Valiant effort to remain the Victors here as the consequences don't Bear thinking about. We don't want him constantly Badgering us, do we??

Sorry.

Last edited:

F70100

Who, me ?
Anyway, the Good News is that the Captain survived. Apparently he was 61; wonder how keen he will be to get his medical certificate back. I guess it depends on the state of his pension fund......

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I wouldn't have a clue how to take over a plane now, but I have flown a light aircraft twice in my life.

The first time, a friend organised a group flying experience, where half of us were going to get to fly a plan, and the other half just wanted to be flown around above Gloucestershire for a bit. In my plane, the two back seat passengers were both trying to get over a phobia of flying. :stop:Having a complete ignoramus of a novice like me at the control can't have done much for their nerves, but I loved it.:thumbsup:

The second time, my wife organised a flying experience for me. I was merely asked whether I had ever flown a plan before, so I was able to honestly say something like "Why yes, as it happens" (being a little economical with the truth). I was allowed much greater freedom, being allowed to taxi, take off, fly around and do everything until just before touching down. I thoroughly recommend everyone to try it at least once in their life. Stick it on your bucket list. If I am completely honest, however, it all got so much like driving in 3D that I would actually have forgotten all about putting the wheels down before landing!:whistle:

Top Bottom