Does anyone stretch or foam roll ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

Since taking up this sport (Jan this year), Ive noticed I've become a helluva lot stiffer, I couldn't touch my toes beforehand and I feel as if I'm getting further away these days, I have always also had a right issue sitting cross legged, I just can't do it, never have done, since they made us sit on the wooden floor in Assembly at Primary School ! (from circa 1980)

I was wondering if anyone has any good routines I can do daily to alleviate this? I was looking into foam rolling, Yoga and Pilates, I've looked at countless stretching videos on YouTube but thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone was already off and running with a successful routine.

vickster

Legendary Member
@screenman

sounds like your hamstrings need serious attention

Last edited:

mattobrien

Guru
I do plenty of stretching and it is part of my weekly training, I probably do 50mins around 2-3 times a week. A proportion of my stretching is to allow me to contort myself into a faster time trial position.

I can still touch my toes and if I stand on the stairs I can now touch the stair below (without bending my knees).

Oddly, or perhaps not, I haven’t done much with the foam roller this year. Maybe it’s more miles outside as opposed to having to train on the turbo in the evening. We will have to see how that changes once training for next season starts in a couple of weeks.

WindsorVintage70s

👆 Matt has the right idea. I don't foam roll nearly enough. I do use the lacrosse ball often, but that's not the same. Also, I suggest yin yoga for the legs, hips, spine and ... well...all of it!

Tebb1t

I stretch, I need to, I used to wrestle so have a few old injuries. Stretching keeps the sciatic nerve in my right leg happy or to be more accurate less grump.

Top Bottom