Does anyone take their bike with them into Tesco?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I was planning to stop at Tescos to get some fireworks on the way home.

Has anyone ever wheeled their bike in with them whilst shopping? Granted, pushing a trolley whilst trying to control your bike would be tricky, but if you were only going to buy a few items...

Were any objections raised by the staff?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Tell them it's a mobility aid.

musa

Über Member
Some do some don't. Depends on the security staff. They will quote you no reason Being health and safety

Of which you can ask for the risk assessment other than that just ask

Is it an express store?

dodd82

It's all about confidence.

Half of the staff won't care about life itself let alone your bike, and the other half won't be sure if you're allowed, so you striding around will convince them that it must be fine.

Although avoid the jobsworth - there's always one :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Try doing it without taking your helmet off first!

Bodhbh

Guru
I try to only do shoppping on my hack bike, but if I'm on a bike I'd rather not chain up I generally ask at the customer service desk if I could leave it 10mins and do they mind keeping an eye. Not been told no yet...although bizarrely once an interested security guard intervened at the checkout and stopped me buying any booze incase I'd drink it on the way home and have an accident. wtf?!!

Trickedem

Guru
If I am out on a ride and in a town I will normally try to wheel my bike in with me. I had a argument with a jobs worth Tesco Express manager in his empty shop on a Sunday morning. Normally it is ok. But because it is unusual I think some people assume it is not allowed.

Top Bottom