Does anyone use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
not on my road bikes, its a sin

Just something else to add weight to the wheel, and collect clag. And something else to help the motorist to hit you as they get hypnotised by the lights. But plenty of shops sell them now, looks good on the young teens bikes.

gbb

Legendary Member
Saw a bike one evening with them on...:whistle:...gotta say, they were certainly striking, a whirling blue catherine wheel of light, very memorable.
Would i fit them...no.
Kids on a SS in the city, i could see the attraction, but on a roadbike...not for me.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

The ones I was looking at were reflectors too, just that they've got a battery for the led....can't be any weight in that either, I thought it was a good idea, but can also see the glitter or kid effect it's got.....I'll think about it

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I had Cateye Orbit spoke lights, but as mentioned above, they just collect dirt, so need regular cleaning. After one of these lights stopped working, I just stopped using them. I also tried the 3M spoke reflectors, but stopped using them for the same reason: fed up with cleaning them. Both of these really enhance your side-on visibility, which is always good, but you must be prepared to spend more time cleaning. A few years ago, I tried the valve cap lights too, the ones that automatically turn on with motion, pretty cool I thought, that is until they stopped turning on with motion.

Davidc

Guru
The 3M things look dirty after a while but remain effective.

Only drawback is that when checking spoke tension (by pinging the spokes for their note) they have to come off.

Top Bottom