Does Brompton Borough come with cover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As per title. It's not waterproof so I'd need a cover with it. Do I need to buy the cover separately or does it come with the bag?

Reason I need a larger, commuting replacement for work supplied laptop rucksack that's 16litres. I have an alpkit Gourdon 30 litres rucksack but I want to put the load on the bag. I have to carry ppe for work including a hard hat. I struggle with everything and end up cycling with my hard hat on. With the Borough I can carry the hat on the outside with other kit inside.

BTW we're talking safety boots, glasses, gloves, hard hat and overalls for PPE. Without storage at work it's a 30 litre load without the hat. Shame there's not a bigger Brompton bag tbh

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I don't believe so; although it might confirm on their site. Are you looking at the "normal" Boroughs? I have the big blue waterproof one and it's pretty capacious (and properly waterproof) although at a stated 25l it's not as big as the largest (28l) not-really-waterproof offering.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
The site doesn't say it does now, but a year ago I checked a few sites and I'm certain it said they came with one. I also recall people on a forum or the Brompton subreddit recommend the Borough over the waterproof and that the supplied cover made it as good as waterproof.

I read a few issues with the waterproof apart from less pockets and capacity. Apparently the extra 3 litres isn't that much but the extra external pockets effectively effectively makes it noticeable that the std carries more.

I think I'll get the cover as it'll cover anything I attach to the outside like my hard hat. Waterproof one won't keep my hat dry.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The site doesn't say it does now, but a year ago I checked a few sites and I'm certain it said they came with one. I also recall people on a forum or the Brompton subreddit recommend the Borough over the waterproof and that the supplied cover made it as good as waterproof.

I read a few issues with the waterproof apart from less pockets and capacity. Apparently the extra 3 litres isn't that much but the extra external pockets effectively effectively makes it noticeable that the std carries more.

I think I'll get the cover as it'll cover anything I attach to the outside like my hard hat. Waterproof one won't keep my hat dry.

Cool - tbh I love the lack of faff in the face of rain that the fully waterproof item provides; however it does look like the standard bag is more practical in terms of pocket allocation etc; which is certainly a downfall of the waterproof one IME..

Top Bottom