Does God exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
515mm said:
Invisible and non-existent look jolly similar.

I believe we should all try a bit harder to make this planet a better place right now, instead of listening to those who promise you free beer when you're dead.

Why should we try right now? whats the next thing we should be trying! When this planet is dead that is it. My farther has been and is trying, Im trying and my kids are getting into trying to help the Planet get better, Im hoping my grandkids will try and so on.

Who has been promising free beer when I dead, Tell me Tell me as Ill be needing 4 six packs a week which is going cost them loads as ill be having a double chaser of Ardbeg 77 with each can.

striker said:
yes, I see evidence of God all around. Now you may discount that evidence which is your right, I choose not to.

I see it in nature, in history, in my own senses and in my relationships with others.

Faith is not a contest in proving God or not, it is about having a personal relationship with your maker and how that affects your life.

She's not doing a very good job!

Hate, prejudice, racism, greed, corruption, violence, abuse, pedophilia, jealousy, corruption, lies, deceit, dishonesty, megalomania, homophobia, intolerance , rudeness, arrogance, bullying, idleness, selfishness etc. etc. :biggrin:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:

Hate, prejudice, racism, greed, corruption, violence, abuse, pedophilia, jealousy, corruption, lies, deceit, dishonesty, megalomania, homophobia, intolerance , rudeness, arrogance, bullying, idleness, selfishness etc. etc. :thumbsdown:

And that's just you Dayvo!:biggrin:

striker

Dayvo said:

Hate, prejudice, racism, greed, corruption, violence, abuse, pedophilia, jealousy, corruption, lies, deceit, dishonesty, megalomania, homophobia, intolerance , rudeness, arrogance, bullying, idleness, selfishness etc. etc. :biggrin:

too right, Sin is bad isn't it.

walker

Dayvo said:

The God I serve must be met, not taught. I don’t follow a religion, I follow a person whose name is Jesus Christ. I don’t follow a set of creeds because I am somehow attracted to what they will offer me, rather I follow God because I know who He is and I follow His words because they are His words. When someone truly comes to terms with the Christ of the Scriptures they are left with a decision to be made. They can either reject it or accept it

I know it's narrow mindedness and arrogance, But I can't help think that its all a load of bull. how can you explain your worship something you have never seen, your ancestors have never seen, and someone who can come back from the dead (apparently) can not do it again, or if there is someone up there or down there, why they have not been seen since.

I'm sorry, I need hard Evidence to even consider any of it to be true. if someone slapped me on the arse and said 'Jay, I am god' then made dancing women appear, only then will I consider it.

walker said:
The God I serve must be met, not taught. I don’t follow a religion, I follow a person whose name is Jesus Christ. I don’t follow a set of creeds because I am somehow attracted to what they will offer me, rather I follow God because I know who He is and I follow His words because they are His words. When someone truly comes to terms with the Christ of the Scriptures they are left with a decision to be made. They can either reject it or accept it

I know it's narrow mindedness and arrogance, But I can't help think that its all a load of bull. how can you explain your worship something you have never seen, your ancestors have never seen, and someone who can come back from the dead (apparently) can not do it again, or if there is someone up there or down there, why they have not been seen since.

I'm sorry, I need hard Evidence to even consider any of it to be true. if someone slapped me on the arse and said 'Jay, I am god' then made dancing women appear, only then will I consider it.

You can't argue with blind faith though, eh? for me there are some major loopholes in that article posted I could rip it to shreds, but there's no point really. Whatever floats your boat, that's what I say. I'd like to have some spirituality in my life but I'm too logical and cynical to buy any of it, which is my problem I guess.

walker

Kirstie said:
You can't argue with blind faith though, eh? for me there are some major loopholes in that article posted I could rip it to shreds, but there's no point really. Whatever floats your boat, that's what I say. I'd like to have some spirituality in my life but I'm too logical and cynical to buy any of it, which is my problem I guess.

Kirsty, I think you got it right, maybe I am To logical to accept it.

striker

Kirstie said:

would argue with the 'blind faith' comment.
I am a graduate in Physics and and also logical in my approach to life so that is no barrier to faith
Would like to hear you arguments against the post, but that is up to you.

Top Bottom