Does God exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

striker

spandex said:
And he was claiming to be wot and why do we need to trust a dead man??

If you wish to trust a dead man that is up to you but We dont have to.

he was claiming to be the Son of God, who came as a sacrifice to die for the world sins to allow you to have the eternal life on offer. All you have to do is repent and follow him.

As Mr Pig said, its not at all easy and we are no better than anyone else.

BTW the resurrection means he is not dead.

And as you rightly say you do not have to trust and follow him. That is the beauty of free will.

Noodley

striker said:
more people are coming to Christ now than at any other point in history, convinced by the Gospel message

Prove it! That is just a made up "sound bite"

striker

Noodley said:
Prove it! That is just a made up "sound bite"

in the western world the church is in decline, i would agree. but look at asia and africa and the church is growing rapidly.

I not going to get dragged in to a trading war of badly referenced statements and therefore I withdraw the unproven statement made previously.

Mr Pig

striker said:
I DETEST Blair and everything he stands for.

Not a fan either. And don't start me on Bush!

Anyway, is there a God? Another question is what is the alternative? If we were not created, how did we come to be here?

Noodley

striker said:
in the western world the church is in decline, i would agree. but look at asia and africa and the church is growing rapidly.

I not going to get dragged in to a trading war of badly referenced statements and therefore I withdraw the unproven statement made previously.

Thank you.

Anything else in your posts which you cannot prove that you would like to withdraw? ;)

Hopefully that will be the end of it. :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
This has been done before hasnt it,but on a rethink,i feel if a faith gives someone peace of mind,or reassurance or a feeling of hope ,peace and anything else of a positive nature,whats wrong with that?

col

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
Not a fan either. And don't start me on Bush!

Anyway, is there a God? Another question is what is the alternative? If we were not created, how did we come to be here?

Evolution,but then,was evolution created by ??;)

striker

Noodley said:
Thank you.

Anything else in your posts which you cannot prove that you would like to withdraw? ;)

Hopefully that will be the end of it. :biggrin:
I'm not saying its not the case, just that I can't prove it and its not actually that important.

To your second question, no. As I have said its not about proof, its about faith.
There is evidence for it, as I have said, in creation, in your soul, in answered prayer.

If you can disprove God, then I will change my opinion.

Noodley

striker said:
If you can disprove God, then I will change my opinion.

I am not asking you to prove anything. As you said "Faith is not a contest in proving God or not, it is about having a personal relationship with your maker and how that affects your life" - so there is no point in you making any further posts on this matter ;)

striker

Noodley said:
I am not asking you to prove anything. As you said "Faith is not a contest in proving God or not, it is about having a personal relationship with your maker and how that affects your life" - so there is no point in you making any further posts on this matter ;)

ok. just be aware that it does matter to you and your future

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
If you can disprove God, then I will change my opinion

Not your god - but all gods simply, you could have been born at any time in mans existence (statistically) and any where (as above) the odds are you would have not been your faith (or if anyone else is of another faith like wise) therefore you would have not known of your faith (e.g. you were born in a remote tribe somewhere with no god of your faith - so your god never existed!)

Ps - have no 'faith' myself but have plenty of friends who have mainly, Christian.

No beef with any religion or atheist or agnostic, (which seem to have some logic to their understanding) I have no logic to my understanding of the world, I just don't believe in any greater being or fully believe in the science, does not mean I have to fit into either or any camp...

striker

craigwend said:
If you can disprove God, then I will change my opinion

Not your god - but all gods simply, you could have been born at any time in mans existence (statistically) and any where (as above) the odds are you would have not been your faith (or if anyone else is of another faith like wise) therefore you would have not known of your faith (e.g. you were born in a remote tribe somewhere with no god of your faith - so your god never existed!)

Ps - have no 'faith' myself but have plenty of friends who have mainly, Christian.

No beef with any religion or atheist or agnostic, (which seem to have some logic to their understanding) I have no logic to my understanding of the world, I just don't believe in any greater being or fully believe in the science, does not mean I have to fit into either or any camp...

and thats proof? don't ever become a lawyer ;)

Top Bottom