Does it have to be helmet cams?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
I've got my ACT2K on the handlebars, since (i) I don't wear a helmet and (ii) If I did, I don't think I'd be comfortable looking even more of a dick than normal! :blush:

I've only got a fairly event free commute from Streatham to South Ken, so far (at four times normal speed, if anyone thought I was cycling rather fast!)

I think your ok. It's a helmet camera, just in the wrong place! :thumbsup:

What are you implying about those of us who where our cameras on our helmets? :rolleyes:

I am the borg and you will be assimilated!!! :blush:

OP
OP
TimO

TimO

Guru
It's Cornershop with "Brimful Of Asha", just a track I happened to have to hand, and which wasn't totally inappropriate! I really needed something slightly longer so I didn't start to repeat it.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow,
everybody needs a bosom,

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
TimO said:
It's Cornershop with "Brimful Of Asha"...
I love that track...heven't heard it yrs till I watched your commute! I'd forgotten how many cyclists there are in London...I used to commute Crystal Palace-Paddington yrs ago, but it was never that busy then (10-15 yrs ago)!

Really enjoyed the film, couldn't believe the number of cyclists and the incredible number of bikes on the racks at the end!

Used to commute into Coventry from 1988 to 1993 (jobs have meant not feasible since that time) but would be lucky to see one or two other cyclists, things have obviously changed (acknowdging we are talking London here).

OP
OP
TimO

TimO

Guru
I think that journey was around 8-30 to 9-00, which isn't the busiest time. An hour or so earlier, you would probably find that at some points, generally the junctions adjacent to the Thames, you would find 20+ cyclists waiting for the lights to change (or at least waiting for the traffic before they jump the reds!).

One of my mates used to cycle West across Central London, his route went past (or through) Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Green Park, Hyde Park etc, it was a veritable plethora of tourist attractions, and would make a much more interesting video!

The bike store is in the base of Imperial College Faculty building, and would be quite impressive if it didn't have a staircase into it. It takes quite a bit of effort to design a bicycle store with steps. :?:

Tim - we must be near neighbours. I live in Kirkstall Gardens. If you see an old geezer on a Colnago sporting a white knee bandage, give me a wave.

SL

OP
OP
TimO

TimO

Guru
LOL, small world.

If you see a guy on a green Brompton towing a Yak Bob trailer down New Park Road, towards Balham Sainsburys, that'll be me!

OP
OP
TimO

TimO

Guru
romans said:
If you saw a bloke on a black Trek on the Seven Sisters Road 7th July lying in front of a grey VW that was me.
Since that's a good ten miles north of "simon l& and a half" and myself, I suspect that random chance would have made it unlikely.

Sounds nasty, or failing that very Arthur Dent-ish, but I think the former is more likely. What happened?

OP
OP
TimO

TimO

Guru
I forget exactly how fast that days commute was, normally it's around 25 minutes. All time record faster ever speed was 22 minutes, or it could be half an hour on a busy, wet, 'orrible non-speed inspiring day.

Top Bottom