Does such a map exist ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

I have recently been looking at maps of the UK which have cycle routes including ncn.

What I'm really looking for is a large poster to put on my wall which is very detailed and big enough to plan routes on. Now I know this can be done on the computer but to be honest I would like a large detailed map.

Does such a thing exist and where could I pick one up.

Any help would be appreciated

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

@vernon sorry to tag you but I think you may be able to help me with this one as I gather from other posts you are a fan of using maps and may be the man to point me in the correct direction

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Don't know if it's of help but the OS Landranger maps (the ones with the pink covers) now have the NCN routes marked on them and are a good size to use as a poster. They don't usually detail other cycle routes outside the national cycle network though.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

Don't know if it's of help but the OS Landranger maps (the ones with the pink covers) now have the NCN routes marked on them and are a good size to use as a poster. They don't usually detail other cycle routes outside the national cycle network though.

I will check this out I did notice they did wallpaper of cities as a map but I don't think the better half would apriciate me turning the full house into a map.. hmm maybe she won't notice

classic33

Leg End Member
I have recently been looking at maps of the UK which have cycle routes including ncn.

What I'm really looking for is a large poster to put on my wall which is very detailed and big enough to plan routes on. Now I know this can be done on the computer but to be honest I would like a large detailed map.

Does such a thing exist and where could I pick one up.

Any help would be appreciated
This one from Sustrans any maybe
Supporters map 2013.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
@vernon sorry to tag you but I think you may be able to help me with this one as I gather from other posts you are a fan of using maps and may be the man to point me in the correct direction

Try Stanfords - http://www.stanfords.co.uk/

You might be better off giving them a ring. What they don't know about maps isn't worth knowing.

Buying a "rolled" as opposed to "folded" map if possible makes it easier to mount

We bought a "Michelin" map that gave enough detail to mark routes on

But there is a warning, as soon as you start doing this, you start seeing "Gaps" that there is a need to fill

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

Buying a "rolled" as opposed to "folded" map if possible makes it easier to mount

We bought a "Michelin" map that gave enough detail to mark routes on

But there is a warning, as soon as you start doing this, you start seeing "Gaps" that there is a need to fill

I will also check out the Michelin map and knowing me I will probably take some joy out of adding things in I'm a little ocd that way

Top Bottom