Does your company use open source software?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The firm I work for have not updated the in-house software for costing, reporting, timesheets etc, to use with IE11, so we're all on no.10. Ok, so there are other browsers, but it's also getting a wee bit out of date with those too. So now evertime I fire up the old laptop in the morning and gone online to scribble on cyclechat.:whistle:.errr..do my timesheet, I get a nice reminder to update to IE11.

D

Deleted member 26715

Our whole business is run on open source software

I do not have a company, nor do I work in one, so I have no personal experience. But I use open source materiel for personal use.
Yes, there are many companies which use it.
At the same time, there are some open source based software adapted by companies for commercial use and available at a fraction of a cost. For example, openSuse.

Our whole business is run on open source software

What kind of business and what software do you use? Are they off the shelf or adapted to your need?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I have had two businesses, one I still have now and they were/have both been run entirely upon open source software bar the accounting.

D

Deleted member 26715

The PC's are Linux based depending on the user preference, there are a few Mac's but they are employees own machines, most of the others are cracked Chrome boxes running Ubuntu I believe. Then our whole telephony infrastructure which is our business is run on OpenSips, webservers are debian & apache. Actually thinking about it I was wrong there are 3 windows PC's in accounts as they use Sage which I believe it's the only bought software. All the others is modified in house by our team of developers

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Everyone at my company seems to do anything collaborative via Dropbox recently, which I'm really not sure about. This is commercially sensitive stuff, and people seem way to keen to chuck it all on an open source cloud just because Sharepoint on company servers is "awkward ".

Top Bottom