Doggie Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayjayoh21

got 3.
Wouldn't be without them. Cause me more worry than the 4 kids ever did.

And they go woof not yap. :smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
If it was inconvenient to have a small-ish, yappy dog, then you could always chuck it to a pit-bull or Rottweiler-type dog. Bit of sport will provide minutes of thrilling excitement there.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
snapper_37 said:
To be honest Chris, Haven't you answered your own question? You're either a dog lover or you're not. If you are mostly anti, why on earth would you want one? :rolleyes: Similarly, I'm certainly anti-cat so there's no way I'd want one.

There's too many unwanted dogs in this country, mostly because the 'owners' get bored or can't be arsed looking after them. I'd hazard a guess that not all the cockerpoos you mention will remain with their respective owners for long term.

No breed can be classed as 100% 'child friendly' either - training and sensible precautions are the answer - imo anyway.

Good luck and either way, I hope the little shitzy gets a loving home. :ohmy:

No don't get me wrong snapper, I'm a dog lover as much as the next man, I just don't want to be tied down. The rest of the family want a dog but I know who will be paying for it, feeding it, squeezing its glands, walking it at midnight, etc. etc. I didn't see anyone else sobbing when the guinea pigs died. :sad: I would love a dog, but it's like having another child - you will always love it, but it's a tie and a further drain on time and resources. When I retire is one thing, but adding it to the mix of an already busy family has to be given real consideration.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
ChrisKH said:
No don't get me wrong snapper, I'm a dog lover as much as the next man, I just don't want to be tied down. The rest of the family want a dog but I know who will be paying for it, feeding it, squeezing its glands, walking it at midnight, etc. etc. I didn't see anyone else sobbing when the guinea pigs died. :sad: I would love a dog, but it's like having another child - you will always love it, but it's a tie and a further drain on time and resources. When I retire is one thing, but adding it to the mix of an already busy family has to be given real consideration.

Squeezing glands. :rolleyes: :ohmy: :sad: I leave that to the professionals!!

If you're prepared to do that Chris, bloody go for it!

You'll actually find that the dog will blend in quite easy to a busy family.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Uh oh, Mrs. KH has sent me a picture. She's called Daisy. The pressure has started. :ohmy:

I suppose I could turn this to my advantage. :sad:

Border Collies are a great breed, very intelligent and loyal but they need alot of stimulation or they get bored very quickly, and be careful where you buy from as alot of collies are crossbreeds from farms etc etc

Here's my pure bred border at 14 years old

IMG_0800.jpg

Simon

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
ChrisKH said:
Uh oh, Mrs. KH has sent me a picture. She's called Daisy. The pressure has started. :rolleyes:

I suppose I could turn this to my advantage. :smile:

A new bike? :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Post a pic then?:becool:

taxing

I think it's nice for kids to grow up with a dog. Teach them responsibility and all that. When I was 10 I nagged and nagged for a puppy and because I was offered one for free and promised I'd walk it I got my own way. Bloody thing grew up to be massive (it was a mongrel, father unknown, and the mother was small, so we weren't expecting it), it was far too strong for me to walk so it dragged me everywhere, and you can imagine how much I enjoyed getting up early when I was a teenager and walking it every day.

Loyal to a fault, he'd follow me around the house, he was always gentle, and was my best mate for 8 years. He had to be put down when I was 18 and I've never sobbed like I did in that vet's before or since.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
snapper_37 said:
A new bike? :smile::evil::evil::evil:

Post a pic then?:becool:

I was thinking more along the line of sexual favours. :evil: But a bike will do.

Right, Mrs. KH is a terrible liar and it's a Bichon Frise. So 3BM let's see you get a joke out of that one.

I have given Mrs. KH the green light <sigh>

When I get a piccie I will post it up. I have one sent to my mobile, but being a man I left it in the car glove compartment this week. :rolleyes:

Apparently she has some star spangly thoroughbred name that starts with "Taiser...." Not been spayed yet.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
[quote name='swee'pea99']You better watch yourself. Those bastards are vicious

2e64inq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Much discussions about names this morning. Yes she's called Daisy now,but what are we going to call her:-

Wife - Daisy
Son - Killer
Me - Brian, Dol (Death on legs)

But then as I said, it doesn't matter what you call her, she won't come when you do.

Top Bottom