Doggie Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
potsy said:
Looks like somebody's drawn a face on a mop:laugh:

Same colour and consistency as my fluffy paint roller. Now there's a thought.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
ChrisKH said:
Not been spayed yet.

Get her done, unless you want to breed. Saves all the hassle and mess.

Oh and as for name ...... it can only be ...

DAISY

Glad you've succombed Chris and happy shaggings. With the wife that is. ;)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Savage looking hound - I'd get your head shaved and some 20 hole Doc Martin boots to complete the look when you're out with this bad boy.

bichon_frise-puppy.jpg

Helly79

Muddyfox said:
Border Collies are a great breed, very intelligent and loyal but they need alot of stimulation or they get bored very quickly, and be careful where you buy from as alot of collies are crossbreeds from farms etc etc

Here's my pure bred border at 14 years old

IMG_0800.jpg

Simon

What a lovely dog, my dad has a border collie which is about the same age and a pure breed. He still acts like he a puppy though always wanting to play ball.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Collies are wonderful dogs, but they're not pets. Collies are working dogs, and they're never happy unless they have a sheep or two to chase. Try to keep them as pets and they go mental. Too highly strung to be guard dogs too, and not mean enough. For that you need something like a Bichon Frise. Grrrr!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I can't remember where I heard it, might have been Countryfile, but apparently when a Border Collie finishes a round of sheepdog trial, and comes to heel and looks up at the shepherd, it's basically saying "Can we eat them now?"

I kinda like that.

soulful dog

Veteran
I've just recently taken ownership of a dog (for the first time in about 15 years) and I've not been out on my bike much at all since. It is a Labrador though, so needs a bit more walking than bichon frise. He's still young yet but we were a bit deflated by the woman & her 4-year-old lab that we met today..... we thought ours would calm down when he got a bit older - doesn't look like it!

Good luck with your new addition, just make sure you try and encourage your kids to walk the dog, as someone already mentioned, it teaches them responsibility but will also make it less work for you ;)

Oh and redddraggon, while Muddyfox's border collie looks lovely, your two look like cheeky rascals!

Norm

ChrisKH said:
Much discussions about names this morning. Yes she's called Daisy now,but what are we going to call her:-

Wife - Daisy
Son - Killer
Me - Brian, Dol (Death on legs)

But then as I said, it doesn't matter what you call her, she won't come when you do.
Call it what you like, the only thing you'll be saying when you are taking it out for a walk is "It's not a bloody poodle, ok!" ;)

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Finally took delivery of Brian (Daisy) yesterday and she promptly crapped on my fireplace. :rolleyes: So a bit of training is in order.

Any recommendations for pet insurance?

Top Bottom