Doggy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
No, not that sort of doggy !
A thought came to me this morning, our dog does a runner if you, ahem, fart, but then he sits down and lets a little paarp out himself and looks at you in an accusing manner, you know, that "you dirty b@st@rd" look.

Any how to the point, this a.m. the dog joined me on the bed (not like that !!), I had my head under the duvet and I burped, the dog jumped and ran like feck.

This made me think, do dogs burp ??

Yes

col

Legendary Member
yes,our alsatian used to after its dinner,i think that may be where the saying,dogs breath come from.

Alan Biles

Yes, definately. If I start putting on my dog walking gear while he's still eating, he's burping all the way (and farting for that matter).

As for looking up. Generally speaking, no they can't. If you want to make a dog sit, get it's attention then move your hand over it's head. It will sit down to keep your hand in sight.

BTW - My dog's got no nose.......

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Alan Biles said:
Yes, definately. If I start putting on my dog walking gear while he's still eating, he's burping all the way (and farting for that matter).

As for looking up. Generally speaking, no they can't. If you want to make a dog sit, get it's attention then move your hand over it's head. It will sit down to keep your hand in sight.

BTW - My dog's got no nose.......

abchandler said:
How does it smell;)

feckin' awful !!

BOLLIX !!! TOO LATE !!!!

abchandler

Alan Biles said:
Awful!

Boom! Boom! I thank you! :-)

You rack 'em up, I'll knock 'em down

Tetedelacourse

my dog burps before she does anything, from standing up, to sitting down, to farting, to walking, to shitting to etc etc etc.

I am lucky, says Mrs T. I have the privilege of expressing the dog's anal sacs all to myself. No-one else is allowed to do it. My current best is a distance of 3 metres. Actually come to think of it, I've never heard the mutt burp when I'm doing that.

longers

Legendary Member
xx(:biggrin::biggrin:. You lucky, lucky man. My sister is trained in veterinary goings on - she gets to do it.

My dog does the same as Cols, she eats her tea, looks up halfway through with some of it on her nose, finishes, cleans her nose and then comes over to share with me her little burp ;). She's an alsatian too. She's very ungassy from either end for the rest of the time.

Tetedelacourse

longers said:
xx(:biggrin::biggrin:. You lucky, lucky man. My sister is trained in veterinary goings on - she gets to do it.

My dog does the same as Cols, she eats her tea, looks up halfway through with some of it on her nose, finishes, cleans her nose and then comes over to share with me her little burp ;). She's an alsatian too. She's very ungassy from either end for the rest of the time.

Nice! Mine is a staffy cross. Despite not being a fighting machine as some would have you believe, she did enlist early on, as this picture shows:

home for xmas

Top Bottom