Dolan Bikes

GMarshall

Hi folks

Looking for some advice on Dolan bikes. Does anyone have one or have any experience of them?

I currently have a specialized allez comp 2010 and looking to upgrade to a carbon bike. I like the look of Dolan and you get good value for money for example the L'Etape model with full Ultegra and cosmic wheels for under £1600.

Also like the look of ribble and Planet X. Anyone any opinions appreciated.

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
This thread may help :smile: (at least on the frame and service if not exact spec)

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/dolan-letape-choices.162995/

There are probably others via the search function :smile:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Where do you live as all three companies have a showroom and there's no substitute for looking at the bikes in the plastic and sitting on them (and preferably test riding).
I may be wrong but I think they will all use a similar generic carbon frame :smile:

OP
G

GMarshall

I live up in Scotland and most of showrooms are down south. You are right though. Can't beat test riding for the feel of the bike.

shadow master

Hi folks

Looking for some advice on Dolan bikes. Does anyone have one or have any experience of them?

I currently have a specialized allez comp 2010 and looking to upgrade to a carbon bike. I like the look of Dolan and you get good value for money for example the L'Etape model with full Ultegra and cosmic wheels for under £1600.

Thanks
Better to stick with a bicycle manufacturer if you want an up to date frame.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I have a planet x rt-57 which is a lovely bike.

Mrs kes has a Dolan preffisio which has been superb.

Both companies were excellent to deal with and most helpfull on the phone.

After previous experience of ribble "customer service" I discounted them as suppliers of anything more expensive/complex than socks......

MMMMMike

Regular
Hi folks

Thanks
GMarshall,
I have a L'Etape model with SRAM Rival 22 and absolutely love it. It is quick, comfortable and fantastic value for money. Also the service from Dolan was first class. I have a few other steeds, and it compares really well to some of my more expensive bikes.
The Dolan showroom is in Ormskirk, Well worth a visit.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Planet X are currently retailing their N2A SRAM Rival22 full carbon road bike for under £1100.

Top Bottom